“Excellent service”

Ranked #3 of 96 Sights & Landmarks in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Travel Agent Hanoi are the leader in package holidays throughout Vietnam and Cambodia. We specialise in offering high quality trips to guests travelling through Vietnam for the first time or indeed for a second. We offer the very best Halong Bay cruises to all our guests and have developed excellent partnerships with them all and quite often get free upgrades to higher quality cruises in their fleet due to this. We offer unique Sapa treks with small groups of just 8 or less, or even private English speaking guided tours on off the beaten treks that are not usually frequented by all other agencies. See only local minority tribes and your guide, stay in genuine homes and not commercial ones as with other agencies. Having offered high quality day trips in & around all major Cities through Vietnam, we can safely say we have developed a strong customer base. We also offer unique trips in Hue, Hoi An, Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Dalat and of course in Ho Chi Miinh City (Saigon).
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Asia many times and we usually book everything on our own which means many hours on the net organising.... this time we decided to try something different... We contacted Simons and ended up booking our whole trip with him. Simon is an English guy living in Hanoi and his partner Ngat is Vietnamese...We told Simon what we wanted to do and he organised everything....We had a fantastic trip...at one point we wanted to change our arrangements with the train to Sapa, all we had to do was send an email and it was done. ...Travelling in Vietnam is a little different to Bali and Thailand, English isn't as widely spoken so I recommend having a contact..as far as costs go, from what I gather agents in Vietnam get better rates than we could have had. Another thing I noticed was that we usually got the better rooms, I think Simon just knows what to book....Our food tour of Hanoi was basically trying different foods with Simon and Ngat, basically it was like having dinner with another couple...with a few beer stoops along the way. They were both friendly and easy to talk to. Wouldn't do I any other way.
Thanks Simon and Ngat for making our trip hassle free and relaxing.

1  Thank Monty3108
Travel Agent H, Owner at Travel Agent Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thanks guys, it was a pleasure meeting you and joining in with Ngats Food Tours Hanoi. We certainly had no problem changing any of the itinerary at short notice. Glad you had a great time in Vietnam. Hope the very best to you both, regards, Simon & Ngat.

All reviews
"dong hoi"
"these guys"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2016

Very good personal service, answered all my questions quickly and gave very useful advice. The tour itself was great also. My first time in Vietnam and first tour, I ended up booking my next tour just after as I was happy already. Was happy I was taken to the train and put on it otherwise I would definatly have been a bit lost!

Travel Agent H, Owner at Travel Agent Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Hello Hannah, Thank you for your kind words. We do offer even the solo traveller a personal service, so glad you enjoyed both your Halong Bay and Sapa trips. Have a safe onward journey and thanks again. Regards, Simon & Ngat.

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

With only a vague idea of where we wanted to travel in Vietnam I was reading the reviews of the Halong bay boat cruise on Trip Advisor and Travel Agent Hanoi's name kept appearing with consistently positive comments. I instantly got a "good vibe" and sent Simon an email. Within minutes he sent a reply and with only a few ideas on destinations emailed to him, within half an hour I had a full itinerary for 10 days for 4 people and within budget.

We went from Saigon to North Vietnam and back down to Saigon via Hoi Ann and we all had an amazing time. Simon touched based with us every couple of days to make sure all was going well. Our trip went smoothly and i wish Simon and his team all the best. Will definitely be in touch for the next trip to Vietnam. And to anyone who reads this review, send Simon an email at Travel Agent Hanoi!

Thank you Rachel, glad you enjoyed a seamless trip through Vietnam and enjoyed it all. All the very best, Simon & Ngat.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

A very interesting tour where you visit the floating fish market, a pagoda, a rice noodle factory, floating fish farm and the village of the Cham minority. My favorite was the trip in a rowing boat through a nature reserve " tra su ", even though it rained. The homestay in a bungalow is very nice too. I liked it a lot that you get to know how the people in Mekong Delta live and work on their islands and boats. Very well organized trip with a good prepared tour guide and not too much shopping;-). The bus ride backwards is long because you go up to the boarder to Cambodia. Some people traveled further to Cambodia. A good option...

Thank you Jana, really glad you enjoyed your trip to the Mekong Delta. It is one of our favourite trips too, especially Tra Su. Thanks again, Simon & Ngat

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We had a great time on our recent trip to Halong Bay. We did the 3 day, 2 night trip with one night on the boat and one night in a bungalow on Nam Cat Island and had a fabulous time. The boat was very comfortable and spacious and we loved the freedom being on the Island.
Simon at Travel Agent Hanoi was great to deal with and we did everything via email in less than 24 hours before we departed! He made the booking process very easy and we would definitely book with him again when we return. Thanks again Simon.

Travel Agent H, Owner at Travel Agent Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2016

Thank you so much Nicole, that is a lovely review of our Travel Agency in Vietnam. We knew you would love the island and your daughter having a free reign over it is perfect. So glad you chose this suggested cruise from Halong Bay trip. All the best and see you again. Regards, Simon and the Travel Agent Hanoii team.