“Great hotel, Highly recommended”
Review of Prince Hanoi Hotel

Prince Hanoi Hotel
Ranked #371 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed August 29, 2011

One of the nicest hotels we stayed in in Vietnam. Great value! We booked a superior room. It was large, clean, very nice. Has everyting you need , including Wi-Fi and a computer. Friendly staff. Left our luggage there when we travelled to SaPa. Allowed us to check in very early when we were back from SaPa. Cheap laundry services. Great location. Breakfast a little limited but got the same selection in more pricy hotels in Vietnam.

Room Tip: We always book a good room at a cheap hotel and not a cheap room at a pricy hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosa A

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We used this hotel as a rest day between 2 train journeys so we arrived 5am and left at 8pm. We paid $30 but really thought the room was great. We understood that they had to charge us the full rate.

It was on the 6th level (maybe 7th) I think on the street side. Not sure what the class of room was but we felt really comfortable here. Bed was really comfy. Everything clean. Nice wooden flooring. Good bathroom.

It was luck that brought us to this hotel. We arrived in Hanoi at 4am not knowing what we were doing. We were not feeling great so wanted a room to rest. A man at the station showed us a picture of "his" hotel and put us in a taxi, telling the cab driver to take us there for 50k VND.

We arrived at the hotel and it was all shutup. The owner comes down and says they are full. A little "discussion" ensued between me, the taxi driver and the hotel owner while Jen was dying quietly in the gutter. Anyway it ended with me eventually paying the taxi driver, him swearing (although I didn't understand what he was saying, I'm pretty sure 75% of the words were not nice ones), the hotel owner scrunching up the map we had and throwing it on ground with much dark fervor. Short of it was we were standing alone at 430am - Jenny almost dying - darkness - in a city we'd never been to and having no idea where we were. Goooood morning Hanoooi.

We then proceeded to knock on garage like doors until we found the Prince hotel 20 minutes later. They take being woken up pretty well I must say.

Breakfast - the singing chef. Was simple was fresh and tasty.

Computer in the room - very helpful.

Anyway, it may be the "prince in shining armor coming to rescue us from our darkest moments" veil that puts this hotel in a very good light for us but we're very happy to give it 4 stars.

It's seems a bit Jekyll and Hyde though from some of the other reports. Maybe they are working their way down the building with renos? Maybe you need to request a new room? Ours was 601 (I think)

Location is another plus. Pretty close to the crazy tai chi lake

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank somain
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We arrived at the hotel after checking it out on TripAdvisor. We were given room 103. It's a nightmare. The room is moldy, smelled of humidity and cigarettes, the cushions, pillows and bedsheets were stained. The manager told usto turn on the air conditionning that it would remove the humidity... My wife refused to stay in the room. Talked to the manager, he preomised to give me another room later on that night. I insisted on visiting the other room... it's full of mildew stains on walls, it stinks of cigarettes. We just took our stuff and left the place. We didn't even stay 1 hour there. The manager was understanding and tried to book us in other Prince hotel... was incidentally was full minutes before.

DO NOT stay there, I don't understand how people can give such high praise... I saw 2 different rooms and though the second room was better, it was still subpar.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ssgt_K
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The hotel is in the old town close to all the action. So you can walk almost anywhere. Staff speaks french and english.
Room are clean
Computer with free internet access in the room
Elevator
Breakfast is simple

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Looking for a place to stay in Hanoi and searching for a reasonable with good service is quite difficult. But when i found Prince Hanoi hotel i stayed for a week Im very satistfied with their service + the room is so clean, with PC + Internet included in the package. Im overwhelmed with all the stuffs who helped/assisted whenever i need something and the Receptionist Hlen (lady) helped me translated to the vendors when i purchased stuffs @ the market. Thanks to the Sales Manager as well (Hien)....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We first stayed at this hotel in Oct 2007 and loved our stay then, so did not hesitate to rebook this time around. The friendly staff, clean rooms and great position in the Old Quarter makes this hotel a must stay in Hanoi. We were able to book all of our activities through the convenience of the front desk. We highly recommend this hotel if you want a clean, value for money old quarter vietnam experience. Our room came equiped with a computer with internet access ideal for our teenage son included in the price. Thank you to all the staff at The Hanoi Prince for making our holiday enjoyable (100%)
Brett & Karen Eade, Australia

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fareasttraveller007
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hanoi Prince on Bat Su street, during the second half of our stay in Hanoi. We had stayed at the Hanoi Amazing Hotel, then went for a 3 day trip to Halong Bay, with plans to return to the Hanoi Amazing. We arranged for a room with Hanoi Amazing, prior to leaving for the tour, but when we got back they said they were full but could move us to the Hanoi Prince. The room rate was $30/nt, which turned out to be an amazing value.

The Room: The room was very spacious, when compared to European standards. The bed was ultra comfy and had plush linens on it. In the room there was one bed, 2 night stands, a small table and chairs, a desk with a PC on it (wow), a plasma tv, an armoire, a small refrig, and an electronic tea kettle. The room had a balcony with a good view of the street below. The bathroom was quite large, and had a shower/tub combo. There was an individual water heater in the bathroom, which ran out of hot water quite quickly, but the hot water replenished quickly as well.

The Breakfast: The breakfast was exactly the same as at the Hanoi Amazing Hotel: Pho (Veg, Chicken, or Beef), Baguette with Brie, and Eggs (I think). The Pho was soooo good!!! They served fresh fruit and fresh fruit juices, as well as tea and coffee. The breakfast room was on the first floor and had 4 tables.

The Staff: The woman who worked the front desk was wonderful! I had the worst cold of my life, and I asked if she knew where a pharmacy was. She insisted on taking me over there herself, and translating for me so that I could get exactly what I needed. That was sooo helpful, and thoughtful, as the staff in the pharmacy did not speak English. The young man that worked breakfast, was wonderful as well. He was very quick, and friendly. He was quite a singer too :) :)

The Location: The Hanoi Prince is located very close to Hoan Kiem lake, on Bat Su street, in the old quarter. There are plenty of great places to have street food, sit and drink a Bia Hanoi, or have a nice meal. There was an ATM next to the hotel and the pharmacy was just around the corner. There were plenty of cyclos and taxis around, so it was never difficult to catch a ride.

Overall, I loved the Hanoi Prince hotel. Though I loved the Hanoi Amazing as well, I really enjoyed the rooms at the Prince--they were cozier, and I was quite sick at this point. I liked the top-floor breakfast area at the Hanoi Amazing, and missed that at the Hanoi Prince, but the staff at both hotels told us that we were allowed to eat at the Hanoi Amazing instead. We didn't take advantage of this offer, but I thought that was nice.

I would highly recommend this hotel based on the helpfulness of the staff, the location, the cleanliness, and the comfy bed and beautiful room...plus I really enjoyed the balcony.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple