Hanoi City Palace Hotel
$119
$177
$108
Panpacific.com
Splendid Star Grand Hotel(Hanoi)
$30
$148
$119
JW Marriott
1,254 results
All reviewshalong bayold quarterhang bong streetthe hotel stafffamily suitebreakfast staffhotel is centrally locateddeluxe roomphoairport transferinternetphamhearttoursmaplakechaos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2011

The staff at Sapphire was absolutely great - professional, helpful, speaking v. good English, smiling and friendly. However, we were not 100% happy with the room. It was modern, nicely furnished and clean, but had no window (narrow Vietnamese buildings, I guess), so even though the aircon worked fine, the room had a a bit of stuffiness feeling to it. Also, although we had a TV, none of the channels actually worked.
On the other hand, great breakfast, and an unexpected detail - laptop in the room was a real bonus. Just make sure that you book a room with a window and you'll definitely be happy to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hanoielegancehotel, General Manager at Hanoi City Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

Dear valued guests,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel service. We are happy that you have recognized the efforts of our servicing team and that would certainly be a great encouragement for us to keep on trying our best to serve you.

Regarding your comment on the room, you are right to say that the typical house in Hanoi is a long tube with narrow frontage. We did understand that you had expected an outside, French-window, however, in the bustle & cramped Old Quarter, while almost buildings are being nested together, the outside windows for the rooms at back side are not prevalent. That is why apart from the rooms in front with balconies and/or windows that open to outside, some rooms aback in our hotel have internal windows that look to the décor light-well. However, we believe that with big effort of furnishing the sound proof, the rooms are quiet and away from the noisy streets of the bustling Old Quarter.

The television signal on one day of your stay was disrupted due to a technical problem from the central system which we have also informed tenants whenever they came down to the lobby. We, as a subscriber was noticed from the provider and also tried to switch to an alternative source which has been managed to recover at soonest by that late afternoon.

We once again thank you for your kind support and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 4, 2011

I stayed this hotel for 1 night and then I moved to Hanoi View 2 Hotel. it was a wonder full experience, everything you need is in this hotel. Location great. Rooms great, food great & staff great. if this hotel rate lower, I will stay her for longer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank adammanilla
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed at the Hanoi Elegance Sapphire for two nights while we made our way up to Halong Bay. The hotel is absolutely lovely. The rooms were spacious, with large, comfortable bathrooms. The hotel even provides a laptop computer and free wifi in each room. We paid about $60/night and were amazed at what a good value we got. The best part was the service. One of the hotel employees actually walked me two blocks down the street to go to a pharmacy when I needed something, making sure that I safely crossed the street (if you've ever been to Hanoi, you know that crossing the street is like playing Frogger). I mentioned that my husband was sick, so they brought up a cup of tea and asked later if he was feeling better. When we had to leave at 6am for our flight, they packed us a breakfast to take to the airport. Overall, I'm not sure I've ever stayed at a hotel with such thoughtful, considerate service. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jvald
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I loved the hotel and staff... very wonderful stay. Excellent value, so clean, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, great location... highly recommended. I would defintely stay here again for busines or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RayLec1971
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I cannot fault this hotel. The service is second to none and I would certainly recommend it without hesitation relative to the other more expensive so-called 5 star hotels in the city. The rooms have wi-fi internet plus computer free of charge! The breakfast is great and room service is great value for money. I spent 10 days at the hotel and it felt like home by the end of my trip. The staff are fantastic and help wtih taxis/ trips and other ad hoc requests. Thanks to Mr Phoung and his team!! Fantastic job!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business