“Brilliant Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Ranked #121 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This place is a delight. Spotlessly clean. Above all so quiet. Busy traffic on the street outside but not a whisper inside. Rooms lovely and each equipped with a free computer and broadband. An excellent breakfast included in the very reasonable price. The staff are a delight without exception. They booked onwards train tickets for us and one voluntarily came to the station with us and helped us find our seats and load our luggage into racks.
The location is within a fairly long walk of the city centre but plenty of cheap taxis or cyclos.
Good restuarants with a few blocks. Overall the nicest hotel we saw in Vietnam.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dominie27

Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed at the Elegance 3 at either end of our holiday in Vietnam so experienced two rooms whilst there. The first was small with very little room around the bed. However as we were spending very little time in the room we weren't too bothered. The second room was slightly larger but still looked the same as the Superior room featured on the website. Considering we booked a Deluxe on both occasions we may have been allocated the wrong type of room on at least one of the visits.

The only other slight issue we encountered was noise. As the hotel is compact, any noise in the corridor is amplified and we had particularly noisy neighbours in the next room on the second visit who managed to wake us up in the early hours with the noise they made going back to their room. Not a major issue but something to bear in mind.

The customer service was outstanding at all times and the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. We needed some local sim cards whilst we were in Vietnam and the reception staff offered to go and get them for us as they could obviously communicate better than we could to ensure we got the right ones. Also when I went out the first evening they gave me some really good advice about how to position my bag to reduce the chance of any pickpocketing issues.

What was so good about the Elegance 3 was that the staff seemed to genuinely care about their customers in stark comparison with some other larger hotels. It was really refreshing to encounter.

The location was great in the Old Quarter and just an easy 10 minute walk to the centre of town.

Having free high speed internet was a definite plus with so many places charging extra. We didn't have any issues with connection speed and found it very easy to use.

We also had our first experience of Pho for breakfast at the Elegance 3 and I enjoyed it so much I had it every breakfast whilst we were away. I can highly recommend it even though at first it seemed a weird thing to have for breakfast.

Overall I would definitely recommend the Elegance 3 and wouldn't hesitate to stay there or one of it's sister hotels if I ever return to Hanoi.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo M
Reviewed April 10, 2010

The staff at this place were absolutely fantastic. We only stayed for one night before going to Halong bay and they offered to store our luggage. They welcomed us back even though we were not staying with a drink and arranged our transfer to the airport. Clean minimalist rooms which are outstanding value for money. I am so glad we stayed here i would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank offyougothen
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I just returned from a 9 day vacation in Vietnam with my teenage daughter. We stayed at Hanoi Elegance 3 and 1. The service we experienced was beyond wht anybody could ask for. They thought of things before I even had to ask. The rooms were well appointed and very clean and the staff made us feel like we were their only customers. My trip to Vietnam would nit have been as memorable if it weren't for all the help we received from Hanoi Elelgance. They helped with all our questions and showed us there wasn't anything they couldn't do to make our trip go smoother. I put them ahead of many 5 star resorts I've stayed at. When I return to Vietnam, the Hanoi Elegance Hotels will be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank intrepid77
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This hotel is a must stay in Hanoi, Location is great, easy walking to everything, Rooms are amazing, everything you need at hand. Breakfast, wow what a selection and they keep asking you for more. Freash and tasty, The french toast, superb. Staff very helpfrul, Thanks to Son and Tuy. They even walked us to a restaurant on our first night, as we could not find it and got lost, This was amazing and showed how kind and great the staff are at HE3.Als celebrated a Special Birthday and again these guys made a great fuss with the wine and Cake. We booked our Halong cruise through this hotel and it was simply fantastic. Would we recommend this hotel, most definetly even over the bigger hotels. This was more like a 7 star Hotel. well done

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank cazash
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I highly recommend you stay at a Hanoi Elegance (they just opened their fifth hotel) for your stay in Hanoi. For us Hanoi was a bit overwhelming with the traffic and pollution - we spent more time in our room than in other cities and for this reason, I highly recommend you book one of their larger rooms.

I think what sets the Hanoi Elegance 3 hotel apart from other hotels, and not just hotels in Hanoi but hotels globally, is their customer service. And when visiting a foreign country and a busy city like Hanoi, it is very comforting to have a staff so willing to help. I left one of my bags in Halong Bay and the hotel staff was able to arrange for the bag to be delivered the next morning by 7:30 am before we left for the airport - I'd be hard press to find any hotel that can accopmlish this and they did it with grace.

The staff there is exremely well trained, all speak English well, and are more than willing to help with anything you need. They truly go above and beyond in their customer service from the moment we started booking our hotel to the thank you email we received a couple days after we left Hanoi. They were very professional in helping us book our hotel stay and cleary covered all the hotel charges (no surprises when we got there). They also helped book our two night stay on the Prince Junk which was the highlight of our trip to Vietnam. They can also help with you your visa. They can also arrange for a car to pick you up at the airport.

We booked one of the smaller rooms - two nights in a deluxe double and one night in a deluxe twin. We thought the deluxe twin had a bit more room. The rooms come with a safe, refridgerator, two free bottles of water, a fruit plate, and a computer with internet access (in one room it was a little slow and in the other room it was so slow we never used the internet). I was pleasantly surprise with how quiet both rooms were. Neither room had street access so I can't speak for those rooms, but we had three very peaceful nights at the Hanoi Elegance 2. Another plus is their breakfast is generous and varied with eggs, French toast, crepes, fruit platters, juice, etc.

So stay here if you want a seemless and comfortable visit to Hanoi. Every person we met was impressed with the hotel with many commenting this was the best hotel they've stayed in during their trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trips12345567
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This is our third stay at the Elegance group, having stayed twice at The Elegance 2, which we enjoyed very much. We were upgraded from Elegance 2 to 3 at no charge, which was very nice of the hotel, and they even called us when we were in Hoi An to reconfirm the upgrade and transfer arrangements. The Elegance 3 is very classy, elegant, upscale European looking. Has an ambience of a Venetian hotel. Service was excellent, from booking, arrival to checkout. The hotel even accomodated us with early breakfast at 6am, instead of 6.30 for our early flight. This hotel is superior to the Elegance 2 in quality and feel, but we preferred Elegance 2's location for food, although both are similar in distance to the lake. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family