“Excellent Excellent Hotel!!”

Hanoi City Palace Hotel
Ranked #118 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this hotel? What a fantastic experience! From the exceptional customer service, to the clean and well maintained room, to all the in room facilities, breakfast .. Etc, Can not be faulted at all!
I stayed here for 1 night before my journey to Ha Long Bay and again for another night on my return. The staff are so friendly and attentive to all your needs.
Comfortable rooms with free usage of the in room laptop and free drinking water, fruit & wine (in junior suite) great breakfast in their restaurant & wifi around the hotel.
It's perfectly located in the old quarter, just a short 10min stroll down the street to reach Hoan Kiem Lake or a 10min stroll to Dong Xuan Market. Great bargains can be found here! I think it's opened after 6:30pm every Fri - Sun.
It's worth every penny you pay!! If I was to return to Hanoi again, this hotel will be my first choice!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LittleMsVy

Reviewed October 12, 2012

After 2 weeks in Thailand, I arrived in Hanoi with only 1 night booked for my week in Vietnam. The pre-arranged driver from the hotel was waiting for me at the airport and brought me to the Hanoi Elegance Saphire. Upon my arrival, they had a welcome drink and cool wash cloth waiting for me. Long, the customer service executive was extremely helpful in suggesting restaurants (I am vegan), things to do, and helped me arrange my cruise to Halong Bay, my travel to and from Hoi An, and even booked my hotel in Hoi An for me. I was very happy with all of his recommendations and felt totally taken care in Vietnam thanks to him, even though I only spent one night at the Saphire. When I returned to Hanoi a week later, they didn't have a room available at the Saphire, but Long personally escorted me via taxi to their sister hotel Essence Hanoi Hotel. They gave me the rate that I got at Saphire even though the Essence is more expensive.

Other highlights of this hotel is the location (in the heart of the old city) and the breakfast was great. I had an early flight out and they arranged to have breakfast ready for me early. There is an ATM at the entrance of the hotel, so no need to look for one! I suspect that all of the Elegance hotels are equally customer service oriented and can not recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank OmgirlSvT
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a small but very comfortable hotel, it's well located and has a wonderful staff. They care about details and make you feel really special. Breakfast was a la carte, not buffet, probably because it wasn't busy, not sure, and this was the only thing that I didn't like it. Apart from that, all great. Bed and pillows were really comfortable and everything was really clean. Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank IrishBrazilian_12
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We only spent a single night here but we wished it had been more. Despite this our Hanoi night was at a critical juncture in a time packed itinerary. I booked the Hanoi Elegance via their website just before travelling and from my iPhone whilst travelling and received incredibly prompt email responses together with reliable information. They kindly received my rail tickets for onward transport from the hotel to Danang and coordinated with the "Vietnam Impressive" representative to ensure that I made it safely to my onward train journey.

Our room was clean tidy, well presented with plenty of facilities (laptop, free no password wifi, fruit, flowers on the bed, hygiene toilets, complimentary water, welcome drinks, helpful advice etc) more than most travellers could wish for!

Part of our stay in the Hanoi was to visit Halong Bay and the hotel employees kindly kept our bags whilst we travelled and provided us with an opportunity to refresh on our return.

The best touch was that whilst travelling they also wished me a happy birthday before I arrived having provided them with my date of birth on the booking form - what an incredibly thoughtful touch.

All in all this hotel is an exemplar of efficiency - I wish every hotel experience I had was as efficient as this. They could teach the staff of many European hotels a thing or two on service!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Niall R
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I cannot say enough how wonderful the staff at this hotel were! I stayed in two different rooms - both were comfortable and nice. lots of helpful tips about the local area. great breakfast with fresh new juices every morning

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deets_79
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights from the 27/09 and we were blown away by how friendly and helpful everyone was. Staying in the old quarter is amazing but it is very, very busy and you quite easily get lost. The staff offered advice and maps for us and were more than happy to help out with any questions or requests we had. The breakfast was delicious, they cook it for fresh each morning and all the meals we ate there were very nice. The rooms were nice and clean and a fair size, we had a window facing an indoor wall but you aren't there for the views, you need to get out amongst it all. We also booked 2 tours through the hotel and they were also very good, a 1 night, 2 day Halong bay cruise and a 1 day Tam Coc tour. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, all the great reviews here on tripadvisor are true.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew700
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just came back from 3 nights at this wonderful hotel.
Our room was very clean and comfortable with everything you would need including a laptop and WiFi. Even with an extra bed in our room it was still large enough for 3 people. Breakfast was great with plenty to choose from. However the best part of our experience were the wonderful staff who went out of their way to help us. They would always ask if they could help even changing arrangements with our private guide (which they had organised who was wonderful) so we could have a delicious lunch in their sister hotel. Unfortunately me and my son were unwell one night ant they even went with my husband and took him to the local chemist and translated for him. Words cannot express our experience here. Outstanding customer service. Totally recommended, no wonder all these reviews are positive, because they are true. Would go back tomorrow. A highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: We had room in the middle of the hotel and it was very quiet. It may have had an internal window but...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family