2,602 results
All reviews sunset bar main building west lake saigon restaurant cafe du lac the club lounge lake view pillow menu old quarter beautiful hotel a short taxi ride breakfast buffet the hustle and bustle five star hotel upgraded to a suite rooms are large busy city
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I come to Hanoi, a beautiful hotel, pay $200 per night when the local rate is $60 per night with about the same accomidations. Then, I see the beautiful lake. The management tells everyone that the lake, bar, restaurant is off limits because a canadian and mexican rented out the entire hotel for some crazy birthday party. I' m ok with that, but if the whole hotel is shut down, why am I paying $200/ night for an extravagant canadian mexican couple to take over the hotel without notice to the guest and no access to the amenities. I was sent away by a bull women trying to intimidate me. So don't come here unless you can afford to buy everyones soul at the expense of the communist party's hotel in the middle of the impoverished.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Vinny B
G_Manager-ICH, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2016

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed April 7, 2010

I first visited this hotel about two years ago after it just opened.Being on Westlake but opposite the CBD some ill informed visitors are put off by the location,beside the Sheraton.Having stayed here several times and also at the now old Sheraton and Sofitel Metropole there is no contest.This is a true five star property with excellant fascilities throughout.Food and Beverage outlets are excellant and enjoyable/good value.The Club is worth the extra cost as it has a terrific lounge and above average services.The local area which has lots of bars,shops and restaurants is improving out of sight and is fabulous fun.Rooms are well designed and very comfortable with all services.You could do a lot worse than have a holiday here as it has it all.Two years after opening the staff have settled in and run it very well indeed.A typical quality InterContinental property.Certainly my preferred choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Christopher R
G_Manager-ICH, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2016

Thank you for the feedback, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Hanoi.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

This hotel is absolutely stunning and built on the water of West Lake. The room is very spacious and elegantly decorated. The bathroom was huge and stunning with separate bath and large shower area.

The bed, linen and towels were all of highest quality. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

You should try the sunset bar. Very romantic.

The only thing is its a little away from the old quarter/city centre. But a short taxi ride costs about US $3-4 would fix this. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank PiggyFaye

Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed at the Hanoi Intercontinental at the end of a 2 week cycling tour based on a review in the NYTimes. Rooms are well appointed and gorgeous, beds comfortable, no noise, and food in the "club" just awesome.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Jeff L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate the comments.

Please do let us know if we can assist in any other way

Guest Relations

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in December 2009.

Our first experience of Hanoi was the strange habit of taxi drivers who sound their horn every time the see another car, bus, motorcycle, van, pedal cyclist or pedestrian.
The journey to the hotel was around 25 minutes. We were checked in efficiently to our 3rd floor Lotus Westlake View Suite (IC RA upgrade). The room was a good size with a small kitchenette area and dining table.

During breakfast I was chatting to some guests staying in a lake room and they told me that mosquitos were a big problem. They buzz around the doors and fly inside when the opportunity arises.

We wanted to eat in the city and took advice from the concierge desk. A journey into Hanoi is around 15 minutes in a taxi.

One evening I walked from the hotel to a nearby market and enjoyed being in the company of locals. You will be greeted with smiles from young and old during your time in this busy city.

Walking in the city is not for the faint hearted because mopeds park on the pavements forcing pedestrians to walk in the road (see picture).

I would return here at the drop of a hat but my wife is not so eager.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple