“Perfect from Arrival to Departure. My favourite.”

InterContinental Hanoi Westlake
Ranked #65 of 588 Hotels in Hanoi
Geneva, Switzerland
“Perfect from Arrival to Departure. My favourite.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

InterContinental Hanoi Westlake is the best hotel of the Intercontinental chain I have visited so far. I booked the "Arrive with style" package, a woman waited for me at the airport just to bring me to a black limousine driving me to the hotel. At the arrival, my documents were prepared and a concierge explained me the hotel. The room was new, spotless clean and I liked the interiour design. Just to give you an impression, next to the bed there is a pillow menu where I could choose your favourite pillow out of 8 different styles.
The breakfast buffet is amazing and has continental and local choices. Try the Pho Bo soup, you will love it. The staff at the buffet is amazing, I just needed to look at the orange juice and they asked me if I want some more.
The hotel is not in the center but build as a resort at the west lake which guarantees a better air and a silent stay.
A taxi ride to the city center takes 15min and costs exactly (2013-04-29) 15200VND which is 7.30 USD.
My special thanks to the concierge service Ms Thu Le Nguyen and Ms Nguyen Diep Anh, I wanted to know something about typical Cafes in Hanoi center and they found some great ones for me. Thank you!

Room Tip: If you want silence, ask for a room not facing to the pool area. Here are families with children and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear yoyannik,

Thank you very much for your recognition of our team’s efforts! I will make sure that Ms. Thu and Ms. Diep Anh receive your appreciation. It is really great to know that you have had a comfortable stay with us at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Adam McDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We booked the only family room the hotel has available. It's the family kids suite. Very large suite with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms, sitting area, 2 balconies. One of the rooms is a real kids room with a bunk bed and separate tv for the kids. All facilities required available. Wifi, audio, video, tv.
Hotel offers great breakfast and has friendly staff.
Trip to Old quarter is 5-10 minutes by taxi.
Nice pool to relax and for kids to enjoy.

Room Tip: When with kids ask for family kids suite, room 501.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Timujaco
Dear Timujaco,

I am very glad to know you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. Our team always aims to do our best to enrich our guests’ stay with their customized needs. I hope we will have the great pleasure to keep you company for your next trip to Hanoi.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights for business. It provides the comfort as expected from InterContinental. Room is nice with a big balcony, overlooking the lake outside. It's nicely designed and decorated with a Vietnam flavour.
Restaurant provides a buffet with good selection of food.
It's relatively expensive and basically charging at western rates, and certainly more expensive than a lot of other Asian cities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ambambamb
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. InterContinental Hanoi Westlake is one of the top quality hotels in Asia and thus we aim to deliver world-class services harmonizing with our “In the know” culture, introducing the local feel to our guests. I am glad that our team has made your stay comfortable. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a nice hotel and as stated, what an Intercontinental Hotel should be. Super friendly and attentive staff. The rooms are nice, modern and clean. Its cool to get a room over the water - some of them have very nice views. Nice pool, but it was cloudy the entire time I was in town. Breakfast is expansive and delicious. The gym is well-stocked with new Life Fitness equipment - plenty of cardio machines, free weights and a number of weight machines. My only critique has to do with their "spa" or lack thereof. I had an expensive mani/pedi and it was less than impressive. However, after I relayed my experience to the spa manager, they quickly refunded my money and apologized explaining that they were still improving their spa capabilities. Enjoyed this visit and would recommend to anyone staying on this side of town in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comment. As an InterContinental hotel we are very proud of our personalized services. It is my pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and your recommendation about our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent all round - meet and great at the airport was first class, check in was the best I have experienced (done in our room). The room was first class and the service was exceptional. There were only two very minor niggles - the breakfast was excellent but let down by the watered down orange juice and the pool got over run with families with screaming kids running amok at the weekend (some of whom were not residents) - drowned out the cool vibe music and laid back style.

That said I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a luxurious stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is glad that our services meet your expectations. We always take care of our guest through out their journey with us. Your comments will be shared with the team to make sure we deliver the best service to our guest.

Thank you for staying with s and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just spend the weekend in the hotel. Due to my Ambassador status i got even an upgrade to a junior suite which has been really equipped with high standard equipment (e.g. Bose sound system) and in particular a very nice bathroom. The breakfast buffet has been offering a very good selection of different food for various tastes. the staff has been very helpful and friendly. The overall hotel, the pool and the other outdoor area and the overall location is just sensational. The gym, sauna and steam room is above average but at least very well maintained. Can recommend the sunset bar outside which provides at night and day a sensational view and provides a wide selection of cocktails and snacks. - In the lobby area the internet is for free whereas they charge in the rooms for it

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hstone5
Dear Guest,

It is great to know that InterContinental Hanoi Westlake has kept you good company in the busy Hanoi. I hope the next time we have the pleasure to be your destination you will be able to take time and enjoy all the services offered by our genuine, caring team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very spacious and the decor is modern with colonial touches, such as the dark wood used in the furniture, the paler wooden slatted doors and the dark leather covers to the guest books and the boxes in the bathroom.  No shabby chic or distressed leather here though - it is all clean, well kept and polished.  Power sockets are multi pin, so both UK and north European plugs work.  The cupboards are backlit and everything is nicely presented: glasses in fitted compartments in the drawers. A neatly laid out box containing toothbrushes, razor and the like. The bathroom itself is also large, with two sinks, a bath and a separate shower with standard and drench shower heads.  Next to the bath is a dark wood ladder-like towel rail. The hotel is piloting wi-fi, so it's a bit patchy, but I was pleased that it works in room, is free and doesn't seem to require repeated logging in or disclosure of personal data to use it.  It's location on the lake is a real feature with parts of the hotel out on stilts and their feature bar, looking out across the lake to the city.  Local people fish and swim there.
We tried the cafe restaurant on the ground floor and the Vietnamese restaurant on the second floor.  At the ground floor cafe the food is ok, but nothing special.  It's also where you go for breakfast and the selection of hot and cold dishes is extensive.  Hot food includes English style egg, sausages and bacon etc as well as a Vietnamese section where they cook to order.
The Vietnamese restaurant on 2nd floor is really nice.  It has a classier feel and you can watch the chefs at work through the glass side to the kitchen.
The location feels slightly away from the main hub of the city, but its easy to arrange a car or for that matter a trip.  The concierge has a book listing various trips you can do and was happy to help us tailor it when the museum included was closed on the day of our visit.  The tour company that the concierge used provided an English speaking guide and a driver and I thought that both were absolutely excellent.  (The guide taught us how to cross the road, which came in handy from one end of the country to the other!)
The bar looking out over the lake is a real feature and a wonderful - if breezy - spot to sip a cocktail and watch the sun set over the city across the lake.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Monk-san
Thank you for choosing stay at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake.

We always want to hear from our guests to make sure we can anticipate guests needs and to know where improvements need.

I am happy that you enjoyed our Vietnamese restaurant. The Sunset Bar over the lake is an ideal place for you to enjoy a cocktail in a very romantic scene.

Thank you for your details comments and we are looking forward to serving you again.