Lowest prices for your stay
$92
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$91
Priceline$91
Travelocity$91
2,841 results
All reviews sunset bar main building west lake saigon restaurant cafe du lac the club lounge pillow menu lake view health club old quarter a short taxi ride beautiful hotel star hotel breakfast buffet rooms are large pho halong bay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Spent the last day at Hanoi at the InterContinental Hanoi Westlake. They upgraded my room and pay $50 for Club Lounge access. Had a nice view of the Westlake. The location has nice dining and Spa to relax before my trip to Shanghai. Very romantic place. However, I was traveling solo. The staff gave excellent service especially at the Club Lounge.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank FelixE82
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your comment. It is lovely that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with our team, especially our InterContinental Club Team to recognize their efforts.

We are looking forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel could be anywhere; think Miami convention hotel. it lacks personality, and worse, it lacks convenient action to the Hanoi old quarter. To actually see Hanoi, you must take a taxi from this hotel. If you want a sanitized versus a 'real' view of Hanoi, and do not mind worn rooms, poor service, and a layer of dust under the dresser and cobwebs on the lamp, then stay here. The concierge barely speaks English and when asked what to do near the hotel tells you there is nothing to do. We stayed at Hanoi Elegance for 2 nights before transferring to this hotel to join our tour group. There is absolutely no comparison. For less than one-half the price, Hanoi Elegance blows the Intercontinental off the cliff. Unless you want to feel that you are still at home in the US and enjoy mediocre service, stay elsewhere in Hanoi. We travel often, and i would not recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel, save money, and stay in Hanoi old quarter.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cbellehu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear memyself23,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations and for that please accept my deep apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of the hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel and had heard great things about it from other people. Unfortunately the service was poor, the rooms very loud with poor noise insulation, and stains on the bedding. Some specific examples: When we arrived we were exhausted and hot. We went to the club for a glass of wine and a moment of rest and were told our luggage would be in our room. After our glass of wine, the luggage wasn't in our room. I had to call twice before it was delivered. My colleague's room smelled of smoke due to the ventilation system and at breakfast we had to ask for service and ask twice to get any extra coffee and this was in the club where the service is supposed to be best. When the manager was walking around asking people how it was going, he didn't seem surprised by the issues we'd had, but debated us on the smoking issue.

Room tip: While the lake view "villas" are nice they are very noisy.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank sjfoodies
G_Manager-ICH, General Manager at InterContinental Hanoi Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Hanoi Westlake

We are truly disappointed not to have exceeded your expectations during your most recent visit to our hotel. We would also like to thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor. There is no excuse for the lack of service you encountered and I will be sharing your feedback with the team today so that they in turn can address these matters through training.

Once again our apologies and we do hope to have a future opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

After a very long day of traveling from the US Midwest to Hanoi all we wanted was a clean bed to rest and recuperate. Well we got that and more when we stayed at the Intercontinental (Hanoi West Lake) Hotel. The room was spacious and well appointed, with a large bathroom and with all the amenities that you would want. Excellent bed and bedding as well as great view of the Hanoi skyline made for a great stay. In addition, the breakfast buffet is quite diverse and will satisfy the most demanding guest. However the best, was the staff at every area, from the arrival to the check out they were very gracious, polite and above all very accommodating and eager to help in everyway possible, from maps and recommendations to the quick supply of an adapter for my computer. I will have no problem highly recommending this hotel to all my friends.

Room tip: Ask for the rooms with the Hanoi skyline view.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments from your recent stay with us.

I have shared your comments with the entire management team so they can share with the colleagues.

I am very lucky to have a wonderful team doing all the work looking after our guests.

Look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel years ago and came back because of good experience in the past. The hotel is at an excellent location and used to be one of the top places. I especially like the bar on the high floors. However, what was good a few years ago is not top standard anymore today. The building does not seem well maintained already from the outside and inside. The rooms are good at first sight, but plugs and TV controls are a bit old. Generally the rooms are a bit like worn out. While at my last visit it was common to charge for Internet and Wifi in hotels all over the world this has changed for years. Nowadays you can get free Wifi in any small cafe shop wherever you are. Not so in the InterContinental. They still charge extraordinary rates for wifi Internet in 2012! As a 5 star hotel already charges top room rates this really came as a surprise to me. This place is ok in general, but if you are a techy person and like to use fast Internet, check for another hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for returning to InterContinental Hanoi Westlake and sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay on tripadvisor.

It is sad to hear that we were unable to leave the same favorable impression with you on this occasion. Whilst we have generally received very positive comments about our hotel facilities, our services and our Food & Beverage venues, I am disappointed to know that we did not meet your expectations this time.

Rest assured that I have personally discussed your comments with my team, so that they in turn can address these matters via our on-going quality program.

With this said, I am pleased to inform you that our hotel rooms and public areas are constantly being maintained and refreshed. All hotel public areas offer complimentary Wifi and we have a project to equip our guest rooms with Wifi in 2013.

We certainly anticipate the next opportunity to welcome you back. I trust you will reconsider as this will enable our team to show you that this recent experience is not indicative of the usually high level of service and product we offer.