“My favorite food”
Review of Cha Ca La Vong

Cha Ca La Vong
Ranked #1,734 of 2,415 Restaurants in Hanoi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Visit this street after a long day of sight-seeing for a traditional dish of fish fried tableside with herbs, spices, onions, peanuts, and rice noodles.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Many times to try this food and never be fed up with Cha Ca. Love, love love to have as well as take opportunities to come Cha ca La Vong.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

One dish only: monk-fish fried in vegetable oil.
You get to add vegetables, stir fry and eat on top of cold rice noodles.
I love monk-fish and I found this dish amazing.
Service was pretty bad, the waiter got quite rude when he realized we weren't going to have 2 portions (one was about $10) as we weren't really hungry and when we asked for the cans of coke to be cold.
Just ignore the waiter and get busy with the stir fry :)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Make sure you go to nr 14 - the only real one - nothing fancy, only one dish but a pleasent experience in Hanoi even if a bit on the expensive side for Hanoi standards. Place was packed around 7 pm, mainly with locals and few solo asian tourists

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were excited about trying this restaurant but unfortunately, never did get to! There is another Cha Ca La Vong across the street which we were lured into before we even got to realize that it was not actually the restaurant we had been searching for.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beware of imitations on the same street although I highly doubt there will be much difference in taste. The place is old and the staff aren't very friendly. They understand basic English but you can tell they are used to tourists but have absolutely no intentions of improving their service or attitude. Vnd 170, 000 (AUD8) is considered quite pricey for food around the area. Honestly the fish was ok and not something you cant replicate at home. I found it overly oily with an overpowering taste of dill. Try it if you are like me, tempted by Lonely Planet and Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods. But if you run out of time, I wouldn't fret at all. Its not a "must try" for me. Was here 8th April.