“Nice setting, but food just OK”
Review of Green Tangerine

Green Tangerine
Ranked #84 of 2,443 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch. The setting was lovely and a nice escape from the heat of the day. The food was good, but not great. Everything was well prepared with some good flavors, but the French-Asian fusion lacked harmony and overall missed the mark.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our first night in Vietnam and we stumbled across Green Tangerine. Top venue, lovely staff and a great menu, but a bit pricey for what it is. A good fixed menu included an excellent fish in tamarind sauce, which was almost my dish of the trip! Worth visiting though.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went there after somebody recommended it to us. We didn't know what to expect. The building is amazing, as is the atmosphere and the food. The presentation of the Scallops Carpaccio was like nothing I have ever seen, the time that is taken on presentation is second to none. It looked that great I almost didn't want to eat it, but I did and wasn't disappointed. The flavours were so well balances, nothing was too overpowering. We were that impressed we booked to go again the following night. they reserved the table we previously sat at which was in the courtyard area. Again we weren't disappointed, it was as consistently good as the previous night. It really is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to and I would like to return. The staff were lovely and remembered us from the night before. There is excellent attention to detail without the service being over the top. Thank you for two lovely evenings!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We ate here twice once for lunch which was a $15 three course set French. The other a 3 course dinner chosen from the menu which with wine was around $50.00 a head. The restaurant is conveniently located in what we call shoe street. It's in a nice old French style courtyard building. I would book for dinner. Like most places in Vietnam the wine is about double what we would pay in Australia. The food tastes great and looks beautiful, the service is good, and the menu is comprehensive and interesting. If your having lunch with beer the value is great, if your having dinner with half a bottle of wine per head the value is still ok, just not as great.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The restaurant is in a cool location with part is outside setting and a larger part is inside settings. What is the most astonishing factor here is the decoration and style of food. I have to admit that after numerous times eating there (couples and with friends), there are some dishes that I do not venture to try a second time, but the sight of the delightful and colorful dishes with distinctive style made up for it.

The service is ok, though. If it is not because of its uniqueness, I would give the restaurant 3 stars due to the lack of attentiveness. We had a three course meal and with the dessert, we asked to have a dessert spoon as we were given soup spoon for it (which I found weird as this was quite common sense, and in a big restaurant), but we were told they not to have it (yeah, try me, that was my latest time eating there). I would doubt this would happen once only as the other times we were there, we were treated quite well.

All in all, this should be perfect for night dine out as the price range is quite high compared to other restaurants in Hanoi.