“Great presentation and taste”
Review of Green Tangerine

Green Tangerine
Ranked #71 of 2,263 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Great presentation and taste”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We ate here twice once for lunch which was a $15 three course set French. The other a 3 course dinner chosen from the menu which with wine was around $50.00 a head. The restaurant is conveniently located in what we call shoe street. It's in a nice old French style courtyard building. I would book for dinner. Like most places in Vietnam the wine is about double what we would pay in Australia. The food tastes great and looks beautiful, the service is good, and the menu is comprehensive and interesting. If your having lunch with beer the value is great, if your having dinner with half a bottle of wine per head the value is still ok, just not as great.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Houston, Texas
“It would be an experience to remember”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The restaurant is in a cool location with part is outside setting and a larger part is inside settings. What is the most astonishing factor here is the decoration and style of food. I have to admit that after numerous times eating there (couples and with friends), there are some dishes that I do not venture to try a second time, but the sight of the delightful and colorful dishes with distinctive style made up for it.

The service is ok, though. If it is not because of its uniqueness, I would give the restaurant 3 stars due to the lack of attentiveness. We had a three course meal and with the dessert, we asked to have a dessert spoon as we were given soup spoon for it (which I found weird as this was quite common sense, and in a big restaurant), but we were told they not to have it (yeah, try me, that was my latest time eating there). I would doubt this would happen once only as the other times we were there, we were treated quite well.

All in all, this should be perfect for night dine out as the price range is quite high compared to other restaurants in Hanoi.

• Visited February 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great location, very nice food”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The restaurant was very popular and once we got to our starter it was easy to see why, the food was very good and very well presented. The interior of the restaurant was excellent, with the ability to sit outside if desired.
The wine was somewhat overpriced for the quality however that is relative (the 3 course meal for 2 including a half bottle of wine cost 70 pounds).
Well worth a visit.

Singapore, Singapore
“Romantic little gem”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Blink and you will miss this beautiful, romantic restaurant tucked away in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. We came across it because we were staying at the Tirant Hotel around the corner. Bit pricey, but the Vietnamese set menu is well worth trying, so good we ate it twice!!!

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Disappointing and expensive”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

To start with a positive side: the wine is excellent. In Vietnam the wine is always expensive, but that doesn't mean you get quality. Green Tangerine has got an excuisite wine-taste. So far for the positive side.

We wanted to end our holiday with a dinner at a more exclusive restaurant. In Hanoi it is easy to have a great meal for a small amount of money. But Green Tangerine seemed to offer something extra. I wish I could turn back time. I started with the duck liver. Which I could hardly taste because they mixed the meal up with crumbs. A good and smart cook would avoid that: you want your guests to really taste the exclusive ingredients. But the biggest disappointment was the main course. The local 'ca qua'-fish was tasteless. And so was the spinach and rice it was presented with.

The host of the restaurant - a small French man in a suit - asked how it was. I told him it was tasteless. He said it was impossible, but he would tell the chef. After that conversation he didn't look me in the eye anymore. He didn't speak to me anymore. The rest of the staff didn't ask what we thought of the diner. They just looked bored and the whole eavening none of them smiled.

The desert was too average. We took the 'delicacies plate' with 5 surprises. An opportunity for every cook to show what your specialties are. Well, some of these 'specialties' tasted a bit burned, the rest was too normal. What a shame.

The bill for me and my girlfriend was 2 million Vietnamese dong. What a waste. We were in Vietnam for 2 weeks, and this was the worst dining experience. And the most expensive one.

Do avoid Green Tangerine.

Visited May 2013