“So charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Tangerine

Green Tangerine
Ranked #68 of 2,206 Restaurants in Hanoi
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“So charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went in for a late lunch and was immediately charmed by the pretty garden and romantic atmosphere of the restaurant. I had the sliced beef entree, duck filet main course and frozen green tangerine dessert. Unfortunately, due to my crazy travel schedule, I was down with slight gastric and too sick to fully appreciate the food. But I have to say the maitre d' was really nice to me. He came over for a chat and on finding out I wanted to go for a massage after lunch, suggested an excellent place nearby. He also passed me a handy travel guide to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh. I would certainly come back here again for the food and atmosphere.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
New York
“Very fine fusion food in beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

On our first visit to Vietnam we considered fusion cooking to be at the lower end of our desires - Vietnamese is what we wanted. Well we ate here with friends in both February and March and were very happy to have done so. The food was excellent and the wait-staff was very good. The building itself is quite attractive, especially if you are in the inner courtyard. Honestly, the chef is imaginative and the quality of the food is very, very good.

Sometimes "very popular" happens to be so for the right reasons.

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Couldn't have been more disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had heard through friends and various websites (including this one) that Green Tangerine was THE place to eat in Hanoi. I had dinner there one night and was incredibly disappointed. I had a reservation at 1830, and when I gave my name, the maitre d' looked at me and said, "Fine, but I need that table back by 1930." With such a warm greeting from the staff, the meal could only get better, right? So, the pros: yes, the ambiance is lovely. The servers were very attentive and warm (save for the maitre d'). There end the pros. I was first presented with an amuse-bouche of an unseasoned piece of fried potato, and something slimy and grey underneath. Ugh. I excitedly ordered the duck as an entree. It should have been seared and crispy, with a juicy inside. Instead, it was dry, tough, and tasted as though it had been sitting under a heat lamp for quite a long time. I had a hard time finishing the plate, to be honest. I would have been better served eating at a street corner for about 2/3 of the price.

London
“Charming ambiance.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lovely, charming restaurant centrally located in the old quarter. Great service! A la carte is quite expensive in comparison to other Hanoi restaurants however the a la carte dishes we saw on other tables looked excellent. We opted for the Vietnamese Fixed menu. Cant fault it, tasted good, but nothing amazing. We had the same elsewhere for a lesser price and were just as pleased. The ambiance however makes this place really nice.

Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had dinner at Green Tangerine this evening. Staff were fantastic. Meals were served promptly and the quality of food was exceptional. Hard to believe how cheap it was considering the quality served! Atmosphere was beautiful too. Cannot say enough nice things about this place!