“Bad pizza”

Ranked #426 of 2,445 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An Italian restaurant and wine shop just a stroll away from the Opera House and Hoan Kiem Lake in the heart of Hanoi with cozy and familial ambiance. As an importer of fine Italian wine and coffee since 1996, Pane e Vino offers the best Italian wine menu in town.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Me and my girlfriend had two pizzas and two soft drinks... The bill came to 400,000/ $20. Crazy prices to say how average at best the pizza was and especially how poor the quality of meat on the pizza was. Certainly not an authentic italian. Service was very attentive though

2  Thank TroyCarter

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Had dinner here with my wife and it was a decent little italian joint. I had the carpaccio salad and my wife had the caesar salad to start and they were both very good. Next I had the carbonara with mushrooms and it was good but lacked flavor, I would probably go with something else next time…but…it was not overwhelming like some others I have had so I liked it. She had the lasagna and the pasta was a bit overcooked but it was nice and cheesy. Their wine list is very extensive and they have some expensive wines but we opted for the 75k by-the-glass and it was very good. Not the best Italian I've had in Vietnam but it was very good none the less. Next time I would go for one of the meat dishes…some gentlemen next to us had a few meals they were sharing al la carte and the veal chops, tenderloin, and simple pasta with tomato looked like the way to go.

1  Thank munafop1
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The restaurant is right beside Hotel de L'Opera. After eating Vietnamese food for several days, my friend and I decided to try this Italian resto for dinner. We ordered Insalata d'Arancia, bruschetta, penne Norma, and pizza Margherita. My friend had red wine and I ordered the Lime & Orange Shake. We really enjoyed the complimentary bread and trying them out with all the flavored olive oils! Bruschetta was okay. Insalata d'Arancia was superb! I could eat this and only this! Pasta and pizza were good. If we had stayed longer in Hanoi, I would definitely go back for the salad!

Bill was 345,000 VND for each person (approx. 16 USD).

1  Thank Regi_grace
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great home cooked Italian food, with decent prices and a service you will remember. A wine list that shows love for italian food. We will come back again!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went twice here during our trip to Hanoi. We found it in a nice street in the French neighborhood. It is a delicate, cozy place. Beautifully decorated with an Italian touch (but not the touristic Italian , more like a true Italian little restaurant). Menu is really Italian. Not an imitation, or Italian-origin food; caprese salad, a simple but delicate starter with delicious , real buffalo-milk mozzarella. Pasta was served al dente , and also in the true Italian way: not overloaded with tomato or cheese. My wife rissoto was the best surprise: how many horrible rices are sold around the world as rissotos? This one was a real one: al dente, full of flavour, execellent. The place itself helps to create a wonderful experience. Try the upper floors : nicer and cozy. Veramente italiano , veramente un piazere!

1  Thank Olabitz