“Nice break from street food”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #92 of 2,341 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Toowoomba
“Nice break from street food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good pizzas, nice salads, reasonable drink prices in a good location with friendly, attentive service and welcoming of family diners.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Magog, Canada
“The cockroach experience”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Food is average and cleanliness of the place is really poor. We were sitting on second floor and we could see mold in every corner. When we first sat down at the table a big cockroach was on the wall, then during the dinner it decided to jump on my knees! Gross! I've tried better other Italian restaurant in Hanoi with better atmosphere and better food.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Jean S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Pricey and unsympathetic”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Trying to avoid a culinary disaster, I opted to visit this restaurant for a business lunch - first of all the staff are not very welcoming. I have to admit that the bread was very good.

The lasagna didn't even slightly resemble something eatable, it seemed that chef dropped too much salt and the presentation of it was not good (due to the nature of my lunch was not able to take a picture).

At the time of asking for the bill, the waitress asked me " did you enjoyed your meal?" I politely reply - this was an awful experience and no, I didn't enjoy it. then I proceed to explain their shortfalls and in view that I didn't eat the lasagna I was expecting the item to be removed from the bill...surprise, surprise I paid for it...bad customer service.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank rapsromeo
Sapa, Vietnam
“Decent but a bit pricey”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Decent meals to have there like the great pizzas but it's quite pricey compared to what you can get in other places.

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average at best.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my friend dined here recently and our first impressions were very good. The location and basic interior is very quintessential of a typical Italian restaurant. We ordered a pizza and a pasta to share and were satisfied with the quality. However I do feel we didn't receive value for money as prices of pizzas and pastas are $10-$15 which is actually what I would expect to pay in Europe. But this isn't Europe; overheads are a fraction in Hanoi, so I really think this place is over-priced. In addition to this, the service was extremely average, waiter and waitress were quiet and pretty opaque. With these high prices you expect an extra level of service and this was inconsistent. My friend and I concluded this is really a place that has seized the opportunity to sell to Western expats with large disposable income to dine without bating an eye lid.

• Visited July 2013