“Great atmosphere stunning very fresh food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #100 of 2,169 Restaurants in Hanoi
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kent UK
“Great atmosphere stunning very fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

After the great food but bland atmosphere of the Green Tangerine it was so delightful to get back to absolutely delicious food freshly produced and with magnificent flavour. This is an excellent Italian restaurant run by knowledgeable Italians and the price for two at under £50 for three courses with wine was a bargain.
We read the last review and we can perhaps understand where they are coming from as there is a slightly inclusive very Italian family atmosphere with many friends hanging around the bar. But the proprietor makes every effort to make you feel valued and it was very authentic Italian throughout. Good lived in decor and now to the food.
I had buffalo mozarella and prosciuto -it was perfect and the pepper steak was scrummy tender and juicy with the best creamy pepper sauce I have had for along time. Served with delicious home made breads. Lovely dessert nona's apple pie.with home made ice cream.
All in all couldn't have bettered anything about it. We are back for lunch tomorrow. Don't be put off by the modest exterior it's great inside and it's best to eat downstairs by the kitchens.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manchester
“Rude management, bland food, high price... Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't bother with this restaurant. The "gang" of Italian hung around the bar and were quite rude to the Vietnamese waiters which made me and others who noticed it uncomfortable.
The lasagnes, both meat and veg, are below average. Bland and poorly put together. The veg was tasteless. Ive had much better Italian food around the world and think they are charging unnecessarily high prices for their attempts.
Ambience was non existent and only one local waiter was polite and attentive.
Also, there was a rusty nail sticking out of wall holding up weird wave decoration which was pretty dangerous.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank monkey600
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
“Pizza good. Pasta average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I visited Mediterraneo with 2 colleagues, while travelling on business.

Location is great, just opposite St Joseph's cathedral. The restaurant itself is cosy and clean and busy enough but not impossible.

The staff welcomed us nicely, advised us on food well, explained the specials and took our orders fast.

The breads arrived fast, with the starters shortly after. Good service!

We had some cold cuts and some french fries (believe it or not, as one of my colleagues was craving junk food). The cold cuts were good - with some parma ham, salami, mozarrela/tomato etc laid out on a small platter.

Two of us had the lasagna and one had the pizza. The pizza seemed to be very good. Large, crispy base and freshly made.

I have to say I found the lasagna dissapointing. It arrived swimming in liquid, the pasta was soggy and I found it under-seasoned, almost tasteless.

Desserts were good. We had the special - a cream, chocolate mixture in a sweet, caramel 'basket'. Very delicious, very sweet.

Overall, mixed experience. Good service, good pizza, good dessert but disappointing pasta. Certainly can't really complain for a total of 80 USD for three of us for three courses and beer!

Maybe stick to the extensive pizza menu?

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great food BUT...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food at this restaurant is wonderful. The only reason I am leaving a negative review is due to the rudeness of the manager. To put things in perspective: I am 34 and I have been traveling for the past year (9 months in Asia) and have been in Vietnam for almost 1 month. I am by no means picky about restaurants and normally could care less about "service" as long as the food is good. I don't care whether a waiter checks to see how my meal is going or if it takes a long time to take my order, refill my beverage or hand me my bill. My husband and I had an argument over our meal simply due to the fact that it was not what we ordered. The manager insisted on making a scene and it was uncomfortable for us both and arguably those around us and those entering the restaurant. Honestly,I would still recommend eating here because the food is quite nice but the manager is not honest, lied to our faces, yelled at us and threw food back on our table which I believe is unacceptable.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sean M
Essex, GB
“Good honest Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I ate here mid Mar 13, after eating mainly Asian food for previous couple of weeks, we were both craving Italian. We both had salads to start, then I had pasta (from the daily special board) & my husband had pizza, all food was fresh, very good and tasty. The house red wine was also pretty good. Service was excellent, no compliants about anything.

• Visited March 2013