“Tasty and Affordable”

Khazaana
Ranked #362 of 2,263 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: We are the Oldest Indian Restaurant in Vietnam, at been almost 2 decades now being into this business. We are the "Best Restaurant Award winner for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 by The Guide, Vietnam Economics Times".Few years before our main focus was towards the regular customer only and that's why we have 80% regular customer in this restaurant, however we have started focusing towards tourists as well.We do Deliveries, Take aways, Lunch, Dinner, & Outdoor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tasty and Affordable”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were looking for an affordable meal nearby our hotel and this fit the bill. Service was fast and friendly. Food was good too. No complaints here.

Visited March 2014

• Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
“Er, good Indian food?”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Decided to check out this restaurant because it had a good review on Lonely Planet Vietnam and I was in the area. I generally avoid Indian restaurants outside India and well, what can I say? a visit here strengthened that resolution! Ordered a north Indian vegetarian thali that had some bland and tasteless curries and an Indian sweet that had seen its day. I found an insect in the rice. Only highlight was that when I brought this to the notice of the restaurant manager, she graciously asked me to choose something else in place of my earlier order. After the preview, I did not feel like ordering anything else and left. I must say to their credit that they did not charge me for the meal.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ushher
Kaustubh_Trivedi, Owner at Khazaana, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi ushher,
First thing first, so, i would like to apologies for the issues you have had at our restaurant,
while the inspection of the matter, i came to know and understand that, because you were sitting near the door area, where guests keep on coming and going, so the door opens many many times, and some how the insect came in to the food.

The Action Taken : We have decided to remove the seating arrangements near the door, it will help guests to have a better experience of food and service, the same time we can avoid big issues like this.

We are very focused for the customer service, this is the reason that manager didn't charge you for the food, and i personally feel that will not be sufficient so i decided to reply personally,
i can just explain that, even in good hotels/restaurant at times situation go unknowingly, in such a way that staff can't do anything, anyways from the customers point of view i can understand your disappointment, specially when you go to a restaurant which is listed in LONELY PLANET.

So big apology from my side, and if you are visiting Hanoi next time or if you live in VN please feel free to visit us, hope you will not get another chance to complain.
Thanks & Regards
Doylestown PA
“so so at best, some items a rip off...”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

the 1/2 tandor duck was dreadful, tiny 2 thigh and drum stick joke. the red beans on the tali wonderful, but getting a $4-5 curry and then a $2 upcharge for rice blew it. NAMASTE ON THE LAKE IS 100% Better. I've tried here 4 times now. and ofr a set priced tali fro $4 you are ok. For real Indian cuisine this isn't the place. Manager was indigent when asked why 2 dollars for rice. And all portions are tiny. PS I live in Hanoi. Have eaten at all the Indian places. This is the bottom of the barell catering to people wandering off lake Hoan Kiem with no intent on returning obviously. Also, staff spoke no English.

• Visited March 2014
Kaustubh_Trivedi, Owner at Khazaana, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi will-booth,
2$ for imported INDIAN BASMATI RICE is not too much i suppose, other restaurant are charing 1.5$ for VN rice.
So far, we are the most reasonable restaurant in the City, as explained you earlier, none of the restaurant in Hanoi gives rice or bread for free as you had expected from us, one thing more, at no other place you can get authentic curry at this price :
Chicken curry : 85,000
Lamb curry : 120,000
Fish curry : 90,000
Prawn curry : 100,000
veg curry (type 1): 65,000
veg curry (type 2): 75,000

good to see your review and it doesn't surprise me at all, if you are happy eating Vietnamese or any other food, that might be your choice. But please compare the prices before having meals at any place, so far we are the most reasonable in town.
Good service environment, customer focused service, ambiance, counts a lot.
Food is made by Indian cooks and we use Indian provisions, if after that also it feels expensive to you, then you are left with very little choices in Hanoi.

Thanks & Regards
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good Food - Jay, London”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had dinner at Khazana Restaurant in Hanoi in December with a Group from UK.
Originally we were booked to have dinner there for 2 Nights. But the Food & service was Very Good & we decided to have dinner there again on 3rd ( last ) night as well. The Manager / owner personally looks after the Guests & ensures that everybody has their food according to their order & requirement.
We were all vegetarians & we all had a Lovely selection of Veg curries, nan, bhatura, dessert,etc
I would definitely recommend this Restaurant for Vegetarians

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CJT99
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The food was lovely. I thought it was really tasty and fresh. The breads were hot and just cooked. Good value for money too.

Visited January 2014