“In the center of the old quarter”
Review of Discovery Hotel

Discovery Hotel
Ranked #58 of 371 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Baden
“In the center of the old quarter”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The discovery hotel is located in the center of the old town. There are many restaurants and shops around. The rooms are clean, comfortable and you get free wifi. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They book trips for you to sapa, the halong bay, the perfume pagoda and many more, and they give you a very good price. Breakfast is so so but ok. Thanks again for the good service, i will come again, that's for sure.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sammsonn

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Aurillac, France
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed more than 7 nights and would recommend this hotel. The owners of the hotel were very helpful and always willing to help. The location of the hotel was nearby places of interest and tourist attractions. In addition, I realized three tours booked in their hotel (Mai Chau, Perfume Pagoda and Halong Bay), after discusion with other tourists, the prices offered in this hotel are really cheap compared to others. In addition, they kept me my luggage for over 10 days and also during my tours. So I want to thank Mr. and Mrs. Do for their help. I highly recommend this hotel book and also to book all your tours her. I really enjoyed my stay !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MLilin
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed there on 19th July for just one night before heading to halong bay. The minute we walked in we got a warm welcome feeling and after checking out a few places previously in the area this caught our eye. After a long day of traveling and feeling quite dodgy from the malaria tablets, this place was was perfect; a confortable bed, ac, hot shower, balcony, cable tv, wifi, a computer and it was in the old quarter for more or less the same price as the hostels in the area.

As we only had 13 days in Vietnam we wanted to go to ha long bay the following day. We had shooed around for a bit and done some research on prices but hasn't booked the trip! The owner mrs. Do was very helpful in giving us advice on how long to stay in each place we had planned on going to and what to skip as we would only be wasting time. She also gave us some tablets and toast and tea and some bananas as my bf had bad flu symptoms from the malaria tablets.

She booked our ha long bay trip for 2 nights and 3 days at a great price compared to other travel agencies and especially the ones in the airport! We probably saved an average of 50 $and even more compared to a couple we got chatting to on the trip which payed around 100$ each more than us for the exact same trip.

Mrs. Do also booked us open date night bus tickets for us to travel down to Saigon. She was so sweet she even rang us after our ha long bay tour to see how we got on! Great little touch on top of all her help already.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and also to book all your tours here.

Thanks again mrs. Do! We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The owners of the hotel, Mr. Do and Mrs. Do were very helpful and willing to help. As I was traveling alone, I wanted to stay at a hotel where the location was near the places of interests. The owners recommended great dining restaurants to me and I enjoyed this stay very much. I would like to thank Mr and Mrs. Do for their help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bolin91
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Reasonable rate for room.
Provide good quality of tour to Tam Coc and Halong Bay.
Breakfast so so and same everyday. But still acceptable.
Free wifi.
Nice location, at Old Quarter area. full of food and drink within walking distant.
Near to a massage center

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank BeyondTung
hanoi
Reviewed July 6, 2013

very nice hotel with reasonable rates and caring staff people who made my stay very comfortable. thanks to everyone. this hotel is french design with furnished rooms in a variety of sizes. it is easy communicating with the staff in english and they respond to questions and offer good suggestions, making hanoi an enjoyable place to visit.

Room Tip: variety of rooms. no problem communicating in english with staff.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank arthur f
Melaka, Melaysia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel services was excellent. Mr Do even bought the train ticket for me before i paid him the deposit. The tour fare is much more cheaper compare the others. The room is simple but clean, and is located at drinking and eating street. I enjoyed the cheapest beers here i even have, 5000 dong. The staff (sorry, forgot his name) are very friendly and helpful. And he use his own motor bike send my friends to watch the water puppet show, when they run out of time to get outside transport. Enjoy my stay here and will stay here again if i come to Hanoi.
Thanks Mr Do.