“Nice welcome and good value for the money”
Review of Discovery Hotel

Discovery Hotel
Ranked #57 of 367 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Lille
“Nice welcome and good value for the money”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Discovery Hotel 3 nights in october 2012.

We had a nice welcome from Mr and Mrs Do.

The rooms are clean and with Wifi, AC, TV and a bathroom.

However, we had no window in our room.

The hotel is in a good location in the old quarter of Hanoi.

Mr and Mrs Do can help you to buy bus tickets and to make reservation for excursion.

Room Tip: The room in the last floor seems to have more space for the same price....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
doducthuong, Owner at Discovery Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Mr. Mace,

I already sent you email to say thank you for your kind to stay in my hotel as well as your so nice review about my hotel.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind and hope to see you next time if you come back Hanoi.

Have a good day!

Best regards

Do (Mr.)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Paris, France
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a really good stay in this hotel, Mr and Mrs Do are really nice and helpful. The rooms are confortable. They propose tours in Halong, Sapa and many other places with better prices and good quality. They are honest and the price is cheap for the service they give.
I strongly recommand it, do not hesitate !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel (2 nights)!I
Hosts are very helpful and welcoming.
Good breakfast, clean bedrooms, and hotel well located in the old center of Hanoi.
Nice atmosphere.
Not so expansive for the location.
Definitively I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sliedrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice hotel on a quiet spot but right down the old quarter. Rooms are basic and bathrooms are small but the hotel is owned by a lovely family. The women is very helpful and good with organizing tours and transport. Definitely book the 3 day/2 night Halong Bay tour there. It was great and based on stories of other travellers our tour was nicer and for a better price! She also booked the sleeper bus from Ninh Binh to Vientiane (Laos) for us. Everything was good and she even called to check if we were picked up properly! Thanks for the pleasant stay and the great help!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I really enjoyed my 3 nights in discovery hotel. nice and clean room with a small balcony. room was cleaned every morning and staff was very helpful. We also booked 2 tours. The 1st one in Sapa was absolutely unforgettable and beautiful, the 2nd one on Halong bay was a bit misorganized but we did everything was planed so it is ok...

I recommand it to budget travellers: quiet, in a very good area of hanoi and clean

Room Tip: ask a room with a window and if possible a blacony because few rooms do not have a window...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agrelle75
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents highly recommended the place. The arrangements were very well done. The staff was friendly. And the place had a simple family feeling. Very comfortable. The external tours were also well arranged. We had a nice first trip to Vietnam. Thanks to Mr Do. and family for the great hospitality!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked Hanoi discovery Hotel because of highly recommended by my colleague and she stayed there before and she also recommended by friend too.
During I reach Hanoi Airport. The driver waiting me with the signing of my name and ready to pick me up to their hotel. So that I wouldn't lost at the airport and worry about the taxi arrangement. when first time step in to Hanoi Discovery Hotel, Warm Welcome given by Hotel Owner Mr. Do and his wife. and helping me to buy phone SIM card so that i can keep contact with my family and friends.
Hanoi Discovery Hotel equipped with high speed WIFI, TV, Air Conditioner, small fridge and hot water for shower.
Hanoi Discovery Hotel located at very strategy location. In the middle of the Old Quarter-the Heart of Hanoi, just 5 minutes for walking to Hoan Kiem Lake and surrounded by many shops, historical places, banks, commercial centers. So that you can found a lot famous Vietnam food nearby hotel.
Mr. Do- Hanoi Discovery Hotel Owner, I very happy with the tour arrangement by him. Since I just one week holiday at Hanoi, I wish to go as many places as possible at Hanoi. So he arranged very comprehensive tour with very reasonable price.
After finished my tour, before leave the hotel. Mr. Do's wife also helping me to buy some souvenir to my family and friend. the souvenir price is cheap then Hanoi Airport shop.
At Last. Thanks Mr. Do and his wife serving me during I stay at Hanoi Discovery Hotel. and I will COME AGAIN.

Room Tip: Room at front can see the street view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo