“Helpful director and friendly staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Discovery Hotel

Discovery Hotel
Ranked #52 of 333 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Helpful director and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents highly recommended the place. The arrangements were very well done. The staff was friendly. And the place had a simple family feeling. Very comfortable. The external tours were also well arranged. We had a nice first trip to Vietnam. Thanks to Mr Do. and family for the great hospitality!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Sri Kembangan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I booked Hanoi discovery Hotel because of highly recommended by my colleague and she stayed there before and she also recommended by friend too.
During I reach Hanoi Airport. The driver waiting me with the signing of my name and ready to pick me up to their hotel. So that I wouldn't lost at the airport and worry about the taxi arrangement. when first time step in to Hanoi Discovery Hotel, Warm Welcome given by Hotel Owner Mr. Do and his wife. and helping me to buy phone SIM card so that i can keep contact with my family and friends.
Hanoi Discovery Hotel equipped with high speed WIFI, TV, Air Conditioner, small fridge and hot water for shower.
Hanoi Discovery Hotel located at very strategy location. In the middle of the Old Quarter-the Heart of Hanoi, just 5 minutes for walking to Hoan Kiem Lake and surrounded by many shops, historical places, banks, commercial centers. So that you can found a lot famous Vietnam food nearby hotel.
Mr. Do- Hanoi Discovery Hotel Owner, I very happy with the tour arrangement by him. Since I just one week holiday at Hanoi, I wish to go as many places as possible at Hanoi. So he arranged very comprehensive tour with very reasonable price.
After finished my tour, before leave the hotel. Mr. Do's wife also helping me to buy some souvenir to my family and friend. the souvenir price is cheap then Hanoi Airport shop.
At Last. Thanks Mr. Do and his wife serving me during I stay at Hanoi Discovery Hotel. and I will COME AGAIN.

Room Tip: Room at front can see the street view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The staff are really just great. We are moving here to study for 6 months, and they have helped us with everything we could possibly need or ask them. They even helped us fin scooters to buy and looked for an appartment near our school. They are to be trusted.

Location is perfect, in the middle of the old quarter. Rooms are basic, but contains all you need. Price is also very good. Highly reccomended as a safe introduction to chaotic Hanoi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The moment we reached Hanoi and step into Discovery, we are warmly welcomed by Mr. Do who has never failed to help and guide us accordingly. He has arranged all our trips and packages with a very reasonable price. Also, we had a mix-up by one of the tour company and I called Mr. Do for help. Immediately he responded and help telling me not to worry and arrange everything according to plan again. You must come to this hotel if you visit Hanoi! The cheapest and best service provided of all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crwate
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Mr. Dô, the proprietor of Discovery Hotel proved himself to be honest, flexible and very helpful when I first landed in Hanoi. He helped me get my bearings and didn't take advantage of the fact that I was new to the area and didn't quite have a feel for prices or how Vietnam operates. He never pushed package tours but made sure I had what I needed. Items in the mini fridge were very fairly priced, another small sign that he has a good deal of respect for his customers. When I head back to Hanoi I will almost certainly stay at Discovery Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Just come back from Hanoi yesterday...
Stay at Discovery Hotel for 3 days, this is a great option for low cost hotel in hanoi...
1) The owner (Mr Do), his wife and all the stuff are very helpful and friendly...
2) The Trips to Halong Bay (phoenix Cruise) and Sapa that arrange by Mr Do was great and price are reasonable and lower than other agent.
3) Room with Free Wifi and PC to use.
4) Location in the heart of the old quater.
5) Mr Do and his wife are pleasant and speak good English.

And Mr Do, let me use his cellphone to call back Malaysia due to roaming not working and only charge me for only US1....

Thank you Mr. Do and we'll definitely be going back again when we visit Hanoi! :)

Strongly recommend !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is a low cost hotel which makes me feel like I was at home.
The owner even invited me to his home dinner with his family.
No cheating, You want a taxi, he will talk to the driver to make sure that the driver will not cheat.
Changing money was easy with the best rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo