“not to be confused with Lucky Hotel!”

Hanoi Lucky Hotel I
Ranked #470 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Only stay here if you have to. You get a computer in your room, which is handy and the staff were nice enough but the room and bathroom were filthy, the bed uncomfortable, air-con noisy.... need I go no? This place needs a serious facelift.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carysrbe
HoangNguyen, Owner at Hanoi Lucky Hotel I, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2010

We would like to thank you for your kind review and comments on our hotel. We hereby would like to notify that we have just recently renovated all the hotel's facilities. We replaced all the old or uncomfortable facilties by the new and good ones. So I am sure that you will feel happy when you come back to my hotel and see such a big renovation. Thanks & Best regards!

Nguyen Dang Hoang

Reviewed October 13, 2009

I've struggled to summarise anything good about this hotel, I've travelled around a lot of Asia from 5 Star Luxury Hotels to Bargain Basement Rooms and Hostels and I have to say this has got to be near the bottom of the list.

The room wasn't very clean and I arrived to a room with a distinct smell, maybe old water. There was dust around the room and there was a packet of condoms in my draw, one of which had been used. A basic clean around the room after a guest has left would of picked up something like this, but it was obviously not done/or the hotel is trying to imply additional services (which i doubt).

The showers weren't very good, the water trickled out.

I decided to have a short stay in the room and book a tour to Ha'Long Bay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank XathrasManchester
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Reviewed September 10, 2009

Reviewed September 3, 2009

Reviewed August 27, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I stayed here for a few nights from June 29th to July 3rd. I had stayed there in May and found it great, so I went back. I was not disappointed. Everything the staff could do for me, they did. Being in the center of exciting Hanoi in the Old Quarter is worth far more than the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business