“Hanoi Lucky (We were not lucky but fortunate to stay here)”

Hanoi Lucky Hotel I
Ranked #455 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
“Hanoi Lucky (We were not lucky but fortunate to stay here)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for some six nights, the hotel is clean, modern, airconditioned, it has a PC in the room (free wifi), the price included breakfast, we could not fault the hotel at all. All of the staff were most friendly, especially the girl and young nineteen year old (night shift guy) they could speak pretty good english, and always managed to understand us. The only fault we had was there were two globes out in the room, I took one of the globes down so they could replace it, it was never replaced whilst we were there. One always felt safe at the hotel, they lock the outside door overnight, and they have a guard in the foyer all night. Get them to pick you up from the airport and take you out, it is far cheaper than trying to do it yourself. It is sooooo centrally located to shopping, tourist sights, restaurants etc, if anyone faults this hotel, they just dont know what they are talking about because it is one of the best budget hotels (for cleanliness, service facilities and friendliness) that we have stayed at in Asia. They also organised out trip to Sapa, far cheaper than any other travel agents could do it for. You wont be disappointed

Room Tip: If you want to go to see the water puppets dont just turn on the night (BOOK AHEAD). Some seats are...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johnhr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
onthemove
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

Perhaps I am naive, but it never occurred to me that hotels would place reviews to bump up their ratings. However, after staying at the 47 Ngo Huyen location, there is no other explanation for the positive ratings. The walls and carpets are filthy. The majority of the staff ignore you unless they are trying to sell you something. The cleaners do not clean your room or replenish supplies unless you contact the manager. The air quality is so bad in some of the rooms, they are not fit for human habitation. In other rooms, you can see the sky through the roof. The locks on the doors stick and you have to repeatedly kick them to get them to open. And while there is free internet, the computers are constantly breaking down. All this for double the price you would pay at other places in the same area. I could go on, but this gives you an idea.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank efemmera
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

We found budget hotel prices to be significantly higher in Hanoi (and in Hoi An) than elsewhere in Vietnam, and paid $18 at the Lucky Hotel for a double room with air con, tv, fridge and attached bathroom. Breakfast, which was included in our room rate, was at their sister hotel, on the same street. It was basic but perfectly acceptable. We had free tea and coffee, and wifi (& pc) in our room. We didn’t have an external window so our room had no natural light. I had looked at quite a few hotels by the time we took this room, and it did not seem bad value for money when compared to the competition.
We only stayed for one night because we couldn’t comfortably afford $18 a night on our budget. After this we moved to the Relax Tam Thuong Guest House, at 10A1 Yen Thai, where we got a much grubbier room for $11 per night, which was the cheapest private room we could find in the area (most budget travellers seem to stay in dorms in Hanoi).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

..I came to hanoi to visit my girl friend.she booked for me this hotel for 2nites.on the way from the airport to the hotel I forgot my money on the taxi,when I came to the hotel it was too late,so I tried to talk to the staff about my problem.she tried to call to the number of the airport taxi,after two hours we found that,I checked in to the room,it is nice because they have a computer in side the room,tea and coffe as well.it is quite clean and bright,from my room I can see the city's life,it was great.but the best thing is they helped me to find my money.it was the first time there so I didn't know what to do.I would bring my family back here later,thanks

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

We moved to this hotel after having a terrible experience at another hotel. It was not the nicest, but was inexpensive, in a good location, and on a side street (so it was very quiet). The rooms were not clean and the bathrooms were a bit shabby. Breakfast was unremarkable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

Our stay was very pleasureable. The room was a decent size with soft mattresses, wooden floorboards, fridge, cable TV, air con, and coffee/tea making facilities. The bathroom was clean with plenty of hot water available. The staff were friendly and willing to help with any requests promptly. They did not try and push day trips etc on to you. The hotel is situated in a quieter picturesque street in the Old Quater of Hanoi - a few minutes walk from Hoan Kiem lake and the market areas. There are a few bars nearby. Kitchen provides breakfast but there could be more options.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2009

The hotel is ok for short stay. The service was great. They were all nice and service-minded. I love the people so much.

Just have to make sure if you book tour trip in Vietname with them, get everything exactly you requested. We asked for Tulico or Livitrans train tickets to Sapa but we got in Orient which was quite dirty and old. But it's just a lil thing compare to the wonderful experience in Hanoi.

Thanks guys!