Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$46
$59
$107
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$245
$231
  • Pool
$76
$54
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $61/night.

$125
$108
1,246 results
All reviewsfree beerfree walking tourfree breakfastcocktail cruisebeer ponghalong bayold quarterclean roomsha long bay tourdorm roomnight marketair constayed here for nightsbedsbackpackerstoursasia
Reviewed December 27, 2014 via mobile

This place has had a recent refurbishment and now known as hanoi rocks hostel.

It's very clean and new looking when u go in.

i arrived at hanoi rocks hostel at 6am after a long bus ride from laos, i was greeted by a lovely young vietnamese guy, who checked me into my room early with no extra cost and guided me to the restaurant on the 4th floor, for a basic but enjoyable breakfast that comes free. the fresh decor of the hostel and cleanliness was like nothing ive seen beore whilst travelling asia, and for 6 dollars?.... wow!..... i later met the western staff, who even bought me my first beer, a lovely charming character called ben who gave me all the advice i needed to travel vietnam and booked me my halong bay tour and tickets to sapa and even assisted me in buying a motorbike!.... happy hours at the new downstairs bar ran from 6-7 and 8-9 with a western dj playing, also the staff ran about giving away free shots!.... i would highly reccommend this hostel to anybody and plan on returning as im flying out of hanoi at the end of my travels.... hope to see the team again soon! thanks guys

Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank martmoover
Reviewed December 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights and it was a fantastic! Free breakfast, free beer for two hours of the day and great staff! Celebrated my birthday here and I got a gift :)! Bottom bunks are much comfier than the tops, make sure you get a bottom. Very clean place AND they supply toilet paper in each bathroom, rare! Restaurant and bars in the same building with the night market right outside. Location in the heart of old quarter. They supply slippers and shampoos in your locker. Ben is the new general manager and Leanne's his girlfriend, they are so absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank elin21
Reviewed December 21, 2014

We were really excited to stay at this hostel because of the reviews it had. Well this was our experience. We took the night train and arrived at the hostel around 6:30am. The gentlemen checking us in told us are beds were ready how ever check in was at 2 so if we wanted to go to our room now we would have to pay for the previous night! I understand the check in and out prosess but when you have already told me that our beds are ready, you can't be saying that. Then he told us to dump our stuff and flicked his hand at us to go walk around on the street and do something. I asked to use the washroom and discovered a whole bunch of couches upstairs that we went and slept on. In the end we ended up checking in at 11( obviously our room was ready). Also once we checked out we were over charged $5 and the girl didn't want to give us our money back. The hostel it's self was clean and modern but i couldn't reccomend it.

The beds on the. top bunks are ROCK hard, you might as well be sleeping on the floor. The person I was traveling with asked to move to a bottom bunk and they moved him into another room for more money.. we needed to pack for the next day because we had an early flight back to Canada and a staff member that was playing the role of security wouldn't let him into his old room with me. Even though we both had keys for the hostel. The staff member pushed his way into my room, locking the door himself and wouldn't leave.

we asked about there boat trip to halong bay, the lady had no idea about anything. And from what I heard it was a terrible tour anyhow. Reach online for your own.

Such a shame because it's very nice and new, key things- request bottom bunk or save yourself 6$ and sleep on the street outside. Don't plan on getting much sleep ( with 14 bed dorms it's hard enough but factor in the local bars underneath the rooms and your ear plugs won't be enough ) - wifi in some rooms is dreadful as well

Better hostels available for same price in better location.. Vietnam backpackers hostel gets a big thumbs up.

Room Tip: Never get a top bunk...
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank FREBRD31
Reviewed December 13, 2014

Breakfast including soup noodle and fruits and drinks,in the 4th floor with balcony view. Dorm with a inside washroom, and also outside have public washroom. no need to worry about waiting. just a little noise from the bar, but it will be over in noon.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank wenxia z
Reviewed December 4, 2014

Before 2009, FRANKO'S Rail Tour groups used to stay in the middle of Hanoi's busy Old Quarter at a place called "The Majestic Salute Hotel". Early in 2014 the hotel closed for extensive remodelling and refurbishment ...and in September re-opened as The Central Inn Hanoi - a budget/hostel accommodation that provides everything you would find in a 3 star hotel ...and it's all new!
There is both dormitory and family rooms, 2 bar/lounge areas (one on the side of busy Pho Hang Duong street, and one on the roof!), elevators, free wifi, etc. etc.
Enjoyed a couple of nights there in November this year ...just to see how the hotel had transformed itself ...it was fabulous. Perfect for those on a budget ...from only US$6 pp/per night. The young, but experienced staff are friendly, efficient and speak English!
I've been touring Vietnam for the past 25 years ...and this is the best budget accommodation I've found in Hanoi. Stopping in Hanoi to see the Old Quarter? ...you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled solo