“Very good hotel for great value”
Review of Vision Gold Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Vision Gold Hotel
Ranked #363 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very good hotel for great value”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The hotel is in a nice side street near St Josephs cathedral which makes it more quiet than other main streets in Hanoi. the rooms were nice for the price you pay and the staff was REALLY helpful in booking us other tours and accommodation for fair prices. Peter ( Manager of the hotel) is very attentive and would help you with any inquiries.
Overall, it's value for money and we would definitely stay there again if we go back to Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sanphura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2011

The hotel seems lovely, the staff freindly. Sure if your staying for a visit the hotel is fine, we were warned about being conned by the staff by many travellers when we told them of our intentions of staying here, surely not we thought as the hotel was so nice, freindly staff. But we were wrong, we booked a tour of halong bay with them, on the luxury boat, they booked us on the economy one where people were litreally aruging to get on as they overbooked. Our passports were held "hostage" during the boat journey due to a hidden cost, we had cockroaches in our room. We went back to the indochina hotel causing a scene, he claimed he didn't realise and offered to book us free in a hotel in our next destination, not trusting him we didn't leave until he returned a small small amount to us. We stupidly booked a coach to hue(12 hours journey) previously with him and had to rush to get the coach so we had to settle for what he gave us. Of course he conned us with that too (the manager), we paid 30 US dollars for a luxury sleeping bus, and recieved a 9 dollar coach where we had to sit uncomfortably for 12 hours, im so angry with indochina hotel he set out to con us, when we spoke to the travel agency for the coaches, they had the form that showed he purposly booked the cheapest one and took the rest of the money. NEVER BOOK A TOUR/COACH WITH THIS HOTEL, BOOK WITH A TRAVEL AGENT THEY ARE GINUWINE, DON'T FALL FOR THEIR FREINDLINESS, if i ever step foot in hanoi, il'l be sure to cause a big scene in that hotel.

I realise its a nice hotel and couldn't not agree, from the reviews but trust me they are conning you. Two freinds who we reccomended to stay in a room only stayed there and were kicked out a day after as they found someone willing to pay more for the room, even though they had paid and booked for 2 nights, how can a hotel run like this?

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank nkotak

Travelers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

none of your business
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We spent our last four nights in Vietnam at the Indochina 1 hotel. After having stayed at two other hotels in Hanoi, this was definitely the best one and I would recommend it to other travellers. Quality of rooms does vary quite a lot between wat seemed to be a new and old part of the building. In the newer part, the rooms were smellier and noisier than in the old part, but there IS an elevator. We asked to be transferred to a different room with less traffic noise, so we end up in the old part of the hotel (no elevator). Our room was a family suite, which was more than big enough for both of us. The hotel let us stay there at the same rate as our original double room, which was excellent service! Even though the staff at times seemed a little too eager to arrange a tour, we ended up having a brilliant stay at the Indochina 1 Hotel, and were even possible to arrange a private tour to two less visited Pagodas. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visting Hanoi, great location, great value for money!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jonas_Doe
warrnambool
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Staff were excellent, very happy to help with any request, especially peter!! Arranged our whole trip including booking the hotels in various cities, train tickets, bus tickets and tours at a VERY reasonable price! Great location, very quiet and quaint little street and very close to lots of nice restaurants and some shopping. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. If any criticism the plumbing could have been slightly better but no big deal. Balcony view rooms were a little nicer too. for the price very very happy with the room!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed at Indochina Hotel for just two night but encountered that the staff was incredible. They bent over backwards to be helpful. The room was extremely clean. The free breakfast, free coffee and tea, cheese & fruit was great too. Best Hotel experience I have ever had!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Finland
Reviewed November 7, 2010

That was very long day for me. I flew from Paris to Vietnam and booked the room with Hidden Charm hotel where I had very nice memories but they did not have room so that they offered us staying with Indochina hotel, just next door. When I arrived , the lady required to show the passport and booking voucher for check in . It's fine. Next morning, I wanted to come down to have breakfast. When I open the door, the hotel staff suddenly gave me the flower bouquet and said happy birthday. I did not know how did they know my birthday. Might be in passport. I was really happy with that. In the evening, we had the dinner together with birthday cake. We are family. I think so, I never had really good dinner with any body for long time. Thanks to Indochina hotel, we had a great memory.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
udessa
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I'm sure that's the best hotel I have stayed. I read their hotel information on the internet and booked them 3 nights. The room here was nice, modern architecture, clean-clambered and quiet.
Next morning, we wen out to visit Hanoi Old Quarter. In fact, I never came to the same city . The traffic was complex, almost of them were motor. When I tried to pass over the street, suddenly appeared a motor thrust me then ran away. I was very painful and could not go by myself. Some body called to the hotel and the after short moment, the hotel staffs picked me to the hospital. I could not go to Halong bay next morning and had to stay at the hotel 3 more days for my leg. In my staying time, they were very enthusiasm, looked after me, made the meals and medicine...
Some more days, my leg was better and I could walk around and check out in the afternoon then flew to Thailand. I don't know what happened if I stayed in another place, Indochina hotel was my second home.....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business