Golden Hotel Hanoi
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hanoi
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I arrived at this hotel in Febuary after not having the forsight to arrange a hotel before I arrived at the airport. The front counter staff are very nice and helpful, however there is a gentleman there who is trys very hard to force you into booking a trip the minuite you walk in the door. He actually came to my room 15 mins after I arrived and was trying to take a shower. I booked the trip to halong bay where I became very ill. I therefore had not chance of getting the bus to hue that night so had no option but to stay another night.
On that occasion 3 Danish residents came back to the hotel to get there key and were told that this gentleman had it. it seems he took there key so they would have to talk to him about tours. It escualted with a fight breaking out and last they the customers told me the hotel refused to give them there bags unless they left with no refund on their rooms. That night the staff were singing and shouting untill past 2am in the morning and it was impossible to sleep but I was to scared to go down.
This hotel needs to get rid of the tour selling guy as the other staff are lovely and were very concerned when I was ill. The rooms are ok but don't eat breakfast as it is left out all morning and is prepared in the courner of the room not in a proper kitchen.
Sorry Blue Paradise but this guy really lets you down.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lilobaggins
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Despite the mostly positive reviews, we found this hotel to be poorly maintained with an AC that would not operate without assistance from staff, an uninviting bathroom, dark stairs and hallways (no lift), and staff more interested in selling tours than providing assistance. After arriving in the afternoon at the time we specified, we were told our room would be ready in approx. 1/2 hour. As we waited in the lobby, the staff tried to aggressively sell us one of their overpriced tours. Clearly, they were deciding whether they would put us in a nice room or a not-so-nice room. When we finally got to our room it was on the top floor and fairly dissapointing. Later, we would let the staff know that we would be taking an early taxi to the airport and asked if breakfast would be available. We were told that some, but not all of the items would be available. In the morning, we were treated rudely by a staff member who appeared to be fixing his own breakfast and wanted nothing to do with us! Twice we saw staff sleeping in the hotel lobby. When we booked a week later for another night (wanting to avoid the hassle of looking elsewhere) we received a much nicer room at the same rate as before. Very strange place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Stayed there just 2 nights and very happy. Good hotel and great service. The price was reasonable so highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarryAUS11
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed at Bue Paradise for 6 nights. They had free picked up from the airport. Which was great not having to search for a taxi to take us. We booked a family deluxe room. The rooms were clean and spacious. However, when we were there the people next door were renovating so it was noisy early in the morning. There was a computer with internet in the lobby which was nice to check email without having to go outside. They had fruit and tea, coffee as a welcome. Location was the best. It's on the outskirts so it takes about 3 min walk to Hoan Kiem Lake . We were with our kids so we took a taxi most of the time. And if you are out late it gets a bit dark going down that street.
The staff was always really accommodating and helpful. Always trying to help us in any way. Service was amazing. They never pushed us to book anything with them. Though we did. We booked our Halong Bay trip which was so much fun for our family. Thanks for given us nice time there

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

After weeks of trying to decide on where to stay for our Hanoi trip, my husband and I finally agreed on Blue Paradise Hotel. And we loved it!

Blue Paradise is one of the few hotels we emailed regarding our room reservations. And it was the ONLY ONE that replied our emails, with tonnes of info and very friendly tone (the staff we emailed with is Jenny Pham). We finally booked a superior room for USD 25 for 3 nights. We also arranged for an airport pick-up and drop-off, which cost us USD30 for both trips.

Once we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff, Jackie and co. and throughout our stay, their smiles and warm greetings NEVER FAILED us, even when we returned to the hotel at odd hours (after our shopping trips) and leave the hotel at the wee hours (for my conference held at a hotel 15 minutes away).

The room was comfortable, furnished with a flat screen TV, AC, mini bar and the bath was equipped with those movable bath tub, hot water and shower. Too bad they didn't have an electric kettle. Other than that, I'm quite happy with the room. Oh yeah, they didn't have an elevator, so lucky us, we stayed at the 2nd floor.

For Muslim travelers, halal food might be an issue in Hanoi, but just next door to Blue Paradise, there's Nisa Restaurant, a Malaysian-owned halal restaurant that serves local delicacies (like pho) and Malaysian food (nasi goreng etc). A HUGE PLUS POINT.

The hotel is within walking distance to the Old Quarter and the Lake and pretty much everything else. The weather in Hanoi is cool and windy so I didn't mind walking around from one place to the next.

So, all in all, this hotel is great value for money. I would recommend this hotel to friends and would probably stay there if I ever find myself in Hanoi ever again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business