“Nice coffee”
Review of Joma Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Joma Bakery Cafe
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nice coffee, nice foods, nice & relaxing environment. Maybe due to less customers compare to others cafe, it feels more relaxing and quite when i come to this cafe.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

In 2.5 weeks we enjoyed Vietnamese food mostly but this cafe offered a welcome change. The toasted bagels are perfect. Coffee also excellent. Could do with some music upstairs as it was a little quiet. Staff 5*

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went here on our first day in Hanoi as read some good reviews about it. It's nice and cool and a welcome relief from the humidity and noise on the street. It's massive also. Food was fine. I had the veggie hummous and roasted veg wrap which was quite small and a little lacking in roasted veg for my liking. My partner had the reuben, which she said was very tasty. As I was still hungry, I got the pie a la mode. Confusingly, this was priced at 20,000D on the menu but when I tried to get it, it ended up being 50,000 (still less than €2). I had the mulberry pie as I was not sure what a mulberry is and wanted to try it and it was petty tasty and a decent slice too. I had the orange truffle icecream with it, which was delicious.

In terms of price, it is a bit more than average, but it is catering to Westerners and prices reflect that. It is still quite cheap though in a comparison to European prices. The reuben was about €4.

Word of warning if you are shy about using the bathroom or really need to go to the bathroom (if you know what I mean). The mens' and womens' toilets are right next to each other and are separated by a very thin wall so quite easy to hear what is going on next door. Bizarrely, they are located right next to the kitchen, so people are walking up and down past you all the time, which does not help if you are of a shy disposition. Not really a minus point or anything, just something I thought I'd put up there in case it assists anyone.

1  Thank Oisin C
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a western style cafe, serving up cookies, croissants, sandwiches, cakes & pies. After a long day walking around Old Quarter, we were in need of some serious air conditioning, so this was a great rest stop. We ordered coffee and juices, which were very good. & I surprisingly really enjoyed the chocolate chip cookie :) Perhaps I was missing home a little bit.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place was a god send in Hanoi! Brilliant food and drink (especially cakes!) with excellent service.