“A Classic French Interior, very beautiful indeed!”
Review of The Tourist Hotel

The Tourist Hotel
Ranked #422 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We stayed here for two nights. Although the interior looks old and the bathroom too. It's a beautiful hotel. The room costs $20.00 with free mini buffet breakfast for 2. The room has air condition, a mini ref, hot shower and cable tv.

The staff are helpful and they could arrange a trip to Halong Bay at a reasonable price. They also have their own coaster van to take you to the airport at a price of $12.00.

I highly recommend this hotel for travellers who would like to stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cholon2010

Reviewed February 10, 2009

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past three years. We have done a number of tours with Vietnam Open Tour and they booked us in this hotel.
It is reputedly the highest building in the Old Quarter. Located a few hundred metres from the lake and attractions such as the Water Puppets. Local shopping and markets all around. No shortage of restaurants.
Rooms are fairly basic but always clean. Mini bar, cable TV. Free internet in the lobby. Lift/elevator available.
Good breakfast, have just changed to a buffet setup which is an improvement. Staff can book tours etc.
Take time to talk to the Canadian lady who has taken up residence, she was so impressed with the staff that she came back to stay.
All in all; Good location, nice staff, reasonable tariff.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I came to Hanoi on a 6 day holiday and booked the Classic 2 Hotel on line. When I arrived at 10 am my room wasn't ready but I left my bag and walked around the Old Quarters for 1 hour and my room was ready at 11 am. I was very impressed with my room, it was huge and had a huge double bed and a huge bathroom. It was clean and a huge bonus was a computer in the room with 24/7 Internet access free of charge. Also free of charge was 4 pieces of fruit and a bag of chips daily. My room was on the third level and I found the stairs difficult (no lift) so I asked for a room on the first level which I got. Breakfast was included and the restaurant was small but nice and the breakfast was Ok. Breadroll, ham, tomatoe, different kinds of eggs could be ordered as well as coffee and tea. The staff were friendly and helpful and treated me to a New Years party in the lobby on the Lunar New year eve 26 January 2009. That the Classic 2 Hotel is right in the middle of The Old Quarters is very convenient. I also booked all my tours with the friendly staff at the hotel and I was very satisfied with the help and advice I received to make my tours pleasant and interesting. I was very happy with my stay at Classic 2 Hotel and I would stay there again. The price is reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I was pretty satisfied with this hotel. The room I got was clean and above average compared to the other places I stayed in Vietnam. Of course, the price was slightly higher ($20/single/night). But that cost was reflected by the complimentary fruits and chips, and computer in the room. The breakfast buffet was simple but still more than what I've been getting at other hostels. There werebaguettes, jam, butter, fruits, coffee, spring rolls, noodles, stir fried veges. You could also order eggs to your likeing (fried, omelette, scrambled).

The only complaint I had was that my room didn't have a window. Well, it did, but the window overlooked the wall of another building (you could literally touch the wall of the other building through the window). If sunlight in the morning is imperative to you (as it is for me), make sure you ask for a room in the upper floors!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2007

Our room was not yet ready when we arrived, so we dropped our bags and they told us it would be cleaned. When we returned, there was a blood stain in the tub, and hair and dirt all over the shower curtain. And the floor in the room itself was still dirty.

The staff was only helpful to the point that they could profit from it. At first they tried to avoid giving us information about vans to the airport, so that we would buy a taxi radi from them. Later, when we had convinced them that we would not take a taxi, they gave us the wrong van timetable and my friend almost missed her flight.

And the breakfast was terrible.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
8  Thank iamherring
Sunshine_hotel_group, Manager at The Tourist Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2008

After the house-keeping clean a room, our front desk staff will check to make sure it is cleaned before let our customers check-in. I am surely say that our staff are very friendly and helpful and they have never had bad action as you said. Please check again if you have stayed in a right hotel because our hotel is quite popular in Hanoi so taxi driver usually bring you to another hotel but still tell you that is Classic hotel and that hotel staff even sometime make a copy name and stick on their hotel's door.

Reviewed May 10, 2007

I stayed for five nights at the Classic 2 while travelling in and around the north of Vietnam. I booked a deluxe room which was huge and really beautifully decorated with high ceilings and heavy teak furniture. It also had a big balcony overlooking the admittedly noisy street. The staff at the hotel were really nice and always helpful. Anytime a problem did arise, (the cable tv went at one stage), they sent someone up immediately to fix the problem. Overall I found the hotel really good and much better than alot of the other hotels in the old quarter. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank travellingdali
Reviewed March 18, 2007

We stayed here for our time in Hanoi and were rapt with the place. The staff were very friendly and nice. Rooms were large and clean. The tour booking service in the foyer was spot on. They organised our Halong Bay and Tam Coc tours as well as transfers to Hue and accom in Hue.

Going back to Vietnam and staying there again.

Location in the Old Quarter was great. 50m to the Bier Hoi corner!

Stayed: December 2006