“affordable and cozy place.”

New Star Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #308 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed October 7, 2013

First time to travel Hanoi together with my friend. we find this place cozy and homey. The breakfast is good and delicious . The staff we're very helpful and courteous esp. "Thanh Ho'ang" who simply accommodated our request.We are recommending this 3 star for family and friends who wants to visit Hanoi esp. d Old Qtr. and Hoan Kiem district...we're looking forward to ne there coming summer. Ciao.

fr. Lucy B. and Mari Mae

Room Tip: if you want view choose with balcony and you can choose inner room for depeds on what you need most...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lucia B
There are newer reviews for New Star Hotel Hanoi

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the first time I travel to Hanoi from my homeland. I chose this hotel thanks to a friend's advise. I have to say this is a great decision because the hotel provided all what I need with a very acceptable price. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The hotel, although is tiny but clean and nice. I think it has just been rebuilt. My room is not very big but have a window and is well faciliated. Usually it makes me difficult to sleep in a strange place but this time it was totally different. The breakfast is also beyond expectation.
This is a business trip to Hanoi for me but I have many good experiences and New Star hotel is one of them. In December I will come back to Hanoi again and surely we will stay here again.

Room Tip: You must require a room with window. I think it's better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed September 24, 2013

try this would be the best 3star hotel in hanoi!!!! recommended for lovers family outings nice cool location and well trained staff with the all day smile what ever you search they will brings them to your foot steps come and reserved your room now............ cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rehan k
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights while we waited for our Halong trip and Hue. The manager Mr Nick gave us very good price for the triple room. Our room number is 502, this is good city view, large room with 3 beds. Especially very easy to get Hoan Kiem Lake and shopping center from the hotel. We have chance to tried alot of local foods around. Once again, thanks New Star hotel and Nick, we will be back for sure. Highly recommend everyone!

Room Tip: Deluxe room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Elena1010
Reviewed August 21, 2013

In hanoi, I stayed with 2 friends in a triple room, price quality is very good. We paid 8 USdollars per person per night including breakfast. Staff is interested in you and what we were going to do and were willing to give tips on where to go at which times for a proper price. The breakfast is quite poor, some cold fried eggs and fruit with some tofu, however for this price it is still quite good. Location is magnificent. In the centre of the old quarter. I can definetely recommend this hotel to others, this is not a backpackers hostel, for backbackers i can highly recommend hanoi backpackers hostel on ma may.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Rickabc
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our group of 4 was very impressed & happy with the services of the staff of New Star Hotel Hanoi. They even allowed us to leave our luggage there while we took the overnight train to Sapa & the Bellboy was there to welcome us back at 5am.

The hotel is located in the Old Quarter, very close to the lake, St John Cathedral, Walking Street (weekend night market) & other shopping & food outlets.

The rooms were quiet & clean and we stayed for 2 nights. Absolutely, I will choose this hotel again when I come back Hanoi next time & also recommend it to my friends & family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
18  Thank BigMamaAdeline
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Services in Star Hotel Hanoi impressed me a lot. I really felt comfortable when staying there during my trip. I like the enthusiasm and responsibility of the managers and staff. Especially, I was thoughtful welcomed from the beginning by bellmen. Moreover, the atmosphere there was fresh, hygiene was also managed very well. Absolutely, I will choose this Hotel again when I come back Hanoi next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family