“Some great things but expensive”
Review of Flower Hotel

Flower Hotel
Ranked #194 of 589 Hotels in Hanoi
nyc
“Some great things but expensive”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed at the flower about 5 times in the previous 5 years and am about to book another stay. About 5 years ago they were a great deal. At about $30 USD it was a GREAT value. Personally I really enjoy the staff and have gotten to know them well. They have always welcomed me with a smile and I have actually been out for meals with them, from the door man to the front desk people. (not kidding). So I personally think the staff are very friendly (duh!). They've always tried to help me.

The location? it's located near our office so that's why I have stayed there, but for a time when our office was relocated closer to the city center it was a bit of a pain to get to the city center. Other reviewers are correct, it is about a 20-25 minute walk if you know what you are doing. There is NOT much around once it gets dark there, but this is why I keep going back. People are right that it IS noisy there if you have a room facing the front of the hotel (these are mostly the big expensive rooms); guess they thought it was nicer to let the high paying guests to have a view of the front street! But I always take a room in the back, where the loud speakers are. If you are not aware, the communist government still behave like communists and in every neighborhood in the north they announce propaganda out of these speakers every stupid morning!

On the other hand, I like the location because it IS actually very dark and "quiet" (relative to other locations I've seen near by). There are NO bars near by and there are no backpackers either. What is there? in the morning and in the evening when I am at the hotel I know I can get a great meal just around the corner. There is a street with tons of food and a market. On Thursday nights there is a night market within about a 5 minute walk. And this is why I like staying here.

As for the facility? It IS clean. I think the staff are honest and the try and work hard. Having gotten to know them, I also know that the owners don't have their backs and I personally do not care for them. They've had some success and it's gone to their heads. Hence the high price! Today it IS over priced for what they are. They should be about $35-50 for what it is. (I have thought about staying at the hilton at $150 a night).

So in a nutshell - Positives: Friendly staff, cleanliness, location (specific to my wants)
Negatives: Price, price, price.

FYI - there are several other hotels within a block for about 1/3 to1/2 the price but of lesser quality as well. Can't remember the names.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Enjoyed my stay in this hotel. Location was fine as close to the old quarter of the city. Rooms where perfectly adequate and most important, where clean. The breakfast had a good range of Western and Asian food. Hotel staff were very friendly. I would definitely saty here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank walts1
Thai Binh
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Flower Hotel has been and is like home for me in Hanoi - for 9 years whenever I come to Hanoi I stay at Flower Hotel, they have very good service - very clean - very friendly - I cant imagine to stay anywhere else. And they have very good cuisine. Regards Bente Petersen

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Only complaint about this hotel was the rock hard bed. Asides from that, the staff were helpful, the rooms adequate, location good and the breakfast tasty and satisfying in the morning. It was our first experience of the little egg stations were a chef cooks your eggs to your liking in the morning - good fun!

• Stayed December 2010
MaiHuong61, Director of Sales at Flower Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2011
Dear SpeechE,

Thank you so much for using our hotel services during your trips to Vietnam. It is such a honor for us to have you stay with us. We will take your comments on our services to make them better and better in the coming time. From that, you will be satisfied and more comfortable when you return to our hotel.
Kowloon
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I have a great time for my vacation 5 days in Ha Noi with the same hotel Flower Garden Ly Truong To . My room location on 10th floor with window view as my request.
I feel so great from my first day at the Noi Bai airport there were pick up arrange on my request to the hotel. For your peace of mind I think you better arrange pick up by hotel
I have to said thank you to Mr Chung who help me to arrange my booking and pick up. And the staff at Flower Hotel Ly Truong To for their professional skil, they used to having friendly smile and helpful. Nice buffet breakfast and services.
This is my second time visit Ha Noi and definitely that I will come back sometime next year for my next vacation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
goldcoast
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We have just returned this week from Ha noi. We stayed at another hotel next door. We ate at the other hotel a few times and one night we decided to try next door, well after the service we got there and the tasty meal, served looking like it is presented in a five star hotel, we decided to go again, then sadly we had to go home. but this is a place to eat at. There are a few that can not speak english, but they try hard to get it right, there was one guy there only 19years old and he served us with the most polite ,mannerism, the hotel should be proud to have him, he spoke some english and he helped us with some questions and we helped him with some. The place was clean and even in the foyer we were greeted warmly and the place seemed very clean down there as well, they were more efficent then our hotel and had more flair. Yum Yum. Give it a try........ good on you guys, keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I stayed in the Flower Hotel in Vietnam and great for the price. Realistically there are no views, unless your the 14th floor for breakfast, which is a stunning view. I was ina tour group so I found the location very pleasing. It is within walking distance to markets and the popular streets and there are always tuk tuks looming outside the door. There is only one very small elevator for the 15 story building, which makes it a bit of a pain with luggage and during peak travel times. I found the staff to be very friendly and the door men were always happy to see us. Very much enjoyed.
Favourite Part:- The buffet breakfast with the view.
Worst Part:- the obscure view