“Pleasant stay & excellent service”

Artisan Lakeview Hotel
Ranked #40 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Pleasant stay & excellent service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Located off the busy streets of the old quarter, near hoan kiem lake. easy access to all attraction from the shopping streets, street vendors nite market puppet show etc. the 1st 2 nites we were in the original artisan, rooms are clean & part view of lake to the rear window. toilet abit dated. good spread breakfast at the hotel's restaurant across the road. on return from halong bay another 2 nites but stayed at newer artisan next to the restaurant. building recently constructed with good sized rooms (window to lightwell) with modern bath. staff very helpfull, great service & location will definitely stayed again.

Room Tip: fresher rooms at the new artisan
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here a year ago and had no hesitation in booking in again.
It is a wonderful place to stay in Ha Noi.
Just moments walk from Hoan Kiem Lake it is ideally situated in the old quarter.
The rooms are quiet, comfortable and clean and the buffet breakfast helps start a brand new day in the best of ways.
The staff are excellent with nothing a problem and, as a bonus, they speak good English.
Thank you to all at The Artisan Lakeview.
Already I am looking forward to my next stay with you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Pahl, Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The location of the hotel is perfect, in the middle of the old quarter and only a couple of minutes from the hoan kiem lake away. The rooms are small but tidy, the ones to the lake side offers a nice view over the lake. The breakfast was really great, they offer pho and a lot of other vietnamese dishes. The staff was outstanding, the girl at the reception was friendly and acted very professional. We had an issue regarding a trip we booked through the hotel, i was really very impressed by the way how the lady from the sales departement solved the problem. You can feel that they do their best to make the guests happy, this is real hospitality and I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for one night on return from our Ha Long Bay trip and before our flight home. Upon arrival, the staff were very friendly and check-in was a smooth process and we were able to book the room for late check out for of half the room rate as long as we checked out before 5pm.

The room was spacious and we had twin beds. There was a nice little table with two chairs by the window where we could sit and have a coffee (using tea & coffee making facilities provided) after a long morning of sight seeing before heading out again. Plenty of floor space to set the suitcases down to pull our stuff out. The bathroom room had a full bath tub, toiletries and was clean. Hair dryer and safe available and also a dressing table and stool, great for my mum to do her hair! The wardrobe was handy for our coats.
Sleep quality was fine until Hanoi wakes up and consistent beeping from motorbike and car horns carry through to the room easily, even being on the 6th floor.

Breakfast was in the restaurant directly opposite the hotel and offered buffet food. We were grateful for the late breakfast time (ends at 10am) but the choices were not great. They had fruit, boiled eggs and cornflakes. The rest of the choices were fried rice, chicken and other pieces which were better suited to lunch. However, they did offer pho bo which is one of our favourite vietnamese breakfasts.

Staff were brilliant. My mum had her bag sliced open with a knife and her phone was stolen during one of the towns night markets (beware of anyone pushing up against you and keep bags and belongings in front if you and not the side, even under you arm, which is where my mum held her bag). The man on reception that evening was very sympathetic and told us that it was too late to report it to the police (for insurance reasons) and that my mum should try to sleep and rest and they could help in the morning. I'm the morning, the man wasn't working his shift so we spoke to the ladies who had been informed of the event. They were very helpful and wrote out a letter for us as a hotel report of the crime. My mum still wanted to obtain a police report but when we visited the station, she found out that she needed to fill in a form in Vietnamese and her writing was a little rusty. The sales lady, Ms Thuy (Jenny), was kind enough to come with my mum to the police station to help translate her English form into Vietnamese, which took about an hour. This was extremely kind of her.

In reception are two computers and a printer which I used free of charge, when I needed to print my flight upgrade confirmation. This was extremely handy.

Location was very good for exploring the Old Quarter and there are many travel agents for excursions nearby, as well as cheap massage and nail parlours!

When we checked out, our luggage was stored in the luggage room so we could enjoy the rest of the day before leaving. The check-out process was smooth and we paid our fee in USD.

Overall, the stay was very pleasant, the only thing I wasn't keen on was their buffet breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights here at either end of a tour to Halong Bay. The hotel is in an ideal location on the edge of the Old Quarter and beside Hoan Kiem lake. The Old Quarter is incredibly busy with lots of traffic, but the street where the hotel is is much quieter than neigbouring streets.

I stayed in a room on the 8th floor with lake view, which was lovely. The room was very spacious and the view of the lake was great, especially at night when it is all lit up with fairy lights. Breakfast is in the sister hotel, Artisan Boutique hotel, across the road, and was very good. I also ate at the hotel restaurant in the evening and the food was good and the prices very reasonable.

The staff were all very helpful, especially the girl at reception but I am not sure of her name. They looked after my suitcase for me while I travelled to Halong Bay, and also arranged pick up and drop off at the airport for me. It is really better to arrange this with the hotel as they charge a reasonable price ($15) and there are alot of taxi scams from Hanoi airport.

I would recommend this hotel if you want to get a real experience of the Old Quarter in Hanoi, but still stay somewhere quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel (now the Artisan Lakeview). The decor was a bit tired (some peeling wallpaper sellotaped back up) but the room was clean. On the first night the room was very noisy - both from the street and from within the hotel. I asked at reception whether they had a better room and they moved me to the room next door which didn't face onto the street. This was better, but still not great so I intended to move hotel the next day. However, the staff would bend over backwards to make sure that you are happy there, and they showed me two options to change room - one higher up in this hotel, and another across the road in their sister hotel (Artisan). Although the room was brighter and airier in Lakeview, I chose the room in Artisan as I thought that the carpeting would make it quieter and enjoyed a much better night's sleep.
Altogether a good budget option - great location and extremely helpful staff who will do everything in their power to make sure you leave happy.

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floors to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank littleflyingduck
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We are 8 persons in a family stay at Silver Moon Lakeview Hotel (Artisal Lakeview Hotel) for 2 night. ( 30th Jan, 2014 ) and every one of us is feel pleasant with our stay. It is clean, safe and great location for shopping. We booked the room facing the lakeside view and during the Tet New Year eve we can view clearly the firework and it is just wonderful.
The breakfast and service is good too.
We HIGHLY recommend this hotel to all .
Note: They also arrange local tour for us. we are happy with our trip in Sapa, Halong Bay and Hanoi city tour too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family