“Perfect location and service”

Artisan Lakeview Hotel
Ranked #41 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed in lots of good hotels till today, and I have to say I have never seen such an impeccable service such as this! Though we only stayed there one night, the staff there continuously helped us for over a week, from calling train stations to check for availability and providing advice on where to stay (always with no strings attached)... We even stopped by to shower free of charge, days after having slept there, when just passing through town! The breakfast is next door and very good, with lots of variety (even if you have only one breakfast there, notice the continuous replenishment of different and creative dishes throughout the morning). The rooms are clean and well equipped and the price unbeatable. Even the wifi worked perfectly (even across the street) and was very fast. I have never felt so compelled to recommend a place. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Even if you do get a room in the top floor (better view of the lake) and have to take stairs from th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Although we have stayed just for one night in this hotel, I highly recommend it. To be honest, this is a place where you can experience a truly nice, friendly, professional and warm customer service (and believe me, I have stayed in many many places - from hostels to 5* hotels!).
Don't expect extremely fancy rooms, but they are very clean and well equipped (including complementary drinks and amenities).
The location is perfect, very near to the old quarter and at a 2min walking distance from the lake. Your night will be calm and silent, though, as the hotel is located in a calm street.
The breakfast is served in a restaurant across the street, the food is nice and there's a variety of choice. The staff is also very friendly.
On a final note, the staff in this hotel is amazing and although we have stayed there only for one night, we were allowed to leave our bags while we have travelled to Sapa and Halong Bay and they even let us to take a shower when we came back, free of charge! Although all the staff in general were extremely caring and friendly, Jenny -the sales rep - was absolutely top, she spent nearly 2 hours with us acting as a travel agent, helping us with our travel plan, advising on the best locations and booking all the transports, tours and hotels for the whole trip (approx 11 days)! There are not enough words to describe the impecable service we received! I would not hesitate to say do not even bother to look somewhere else!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Silver Moon for 4 nights and it's probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed in. For £7 per person per night (£14 for a twin room) we had a spotlessly clean - and quiet! - room, a very good buffet breakfast, and the staff was excellent. The location is perfect: less than a 5 minute walk to the Old Quarter and one street away from the lake and the traffic chaos, but on a quiet backstreet. There are also a couple of decent bars on the same street.
Negatives? For £7 pppn I cannot fault it. Yes, some of the furnishings are a little dated but perfectly functional.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beautiful hotel, small, boutique style, clean and nice. lovely friendly staff.
We also used the facilities prior to departing on the train to Sapa. Close to great restaurants and a nice end of town. We were lucky to be upgraded to the 6 th floor after staying at Madam Moon guesthouse. A welcome upgrade after returning from Sapa Cycling for 4 days which the staff at Madam Moon arranged for us. I highly recommend the 3 guesthouses in the Madam Moon chain.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and loved the staff. They are very friendly and quick to make you feel comfortable. I liked the fresh rose in my room and flowers in hallways. The breakfast buffet offers many options. The staff carried my drinks to my table and refilled my coffee at table. Car pick up and delivery to airport is a fair price and on time. No need to worry about being ripped off by taxi's. Two weeks ago I stayed at Artisan their sister hotel and I am really impressed with everyone in both hotels.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't write many reviews but this place deserves a special one. Their website is spot on. Their service is just as stated. Their friendliness and overall attitude could not be better. I have stayed here now for 3 years in a row, that in itself says something. It is great to see the private driver standing there in the airport when you arrive after a long flight. Free computer use in the lobby. Good breakfast in the associated restaurant across the street. Who could ask for more....all at a very fair price. Also just about the perfect location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel staffs are affable and courteous, breakfast was scrumptious for me. I enjoyed my stayed here and looking forward to come back again.

Hotel location is superb, located at central of Hanoi city, very accessible and short walking distance to night market and lake.

I was delighted with local trip arrangement by hotel staff, all was well organized.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo