“Great service with big smiles.”

Artisan Lakeview Hotel
Ranked #35 of 591 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Hue, Vietnam
“Great service with big smiles.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and loved the staff. They are very friendly and quick to make you feel comfortable. I liked the fresh rose in my room and flowers in hallways. The breakfast buffet offers many options. The staff carried my drinks to my table and refilled my coffee at table. Car pick up and delivery to airport is a fair price and on time. No need to worry about being ripped off by taxi's. Two weeks ago I stayed at Artisan their sister hotel and I am really impressed with everyone in both hotels.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't write many reviews but this place deserves a special one. Their website is spot on. Their service is just as stated. Their friendliness and overall attitude could not be better. I have stayed here now for 3 years in a row, that in itself says something. It is great to see the private driver standing there in the airport when you arrive after a long flight. Free computer use in the lobby. Good breakfast in the associated restaurant across the street. Who could ask for more....all at a very fair price. Also just about the perfect location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel staffs are affable and courteous, breakfast was scrumptious for me. I enjoyed my stayed here and looking forward to come back again.

Hotel location is superb, located at central of Hanoi city, very accessible and short walking distance to night market and lake.

I was delighted with local trip arrangement by hotel staff, all was well organized.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed several nights at the Silver Moon Lakeview Hotel at 23B Hang Hanh in the the Hoan Kiem district of Hanoi a couple weeks ago, and really enjoyed our time there. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and eager to assist. A buffet style breakfast is included with the room rate, and is served across the street at a little restaurant called "The Artisan Buon Dua Le Cafe". The buffet included fresh fruit, yogurt, muesli, pancakes, fresh juices, sinh to (like a shake or smoothie), vietnamese coffee, an assortment of hot vietnamese dishes, soup, as well as eggs served to order, Our room, while a little small, was very comfortable. The bed was comfortable. The small balcony with it's little table and 2 chairs was a favorite place to sit and watch life go by, down below, across the way.... We had a great view of the street Hang Hanh below, and out across the rooftops we could see for blocks. As mentioned in other reviews this location is idea, in that you are about 1 block from the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. Lots of shopping, dining, etc... in the area. My only complaints: 1) Laundry --while very reasonably priced, and returned quickly-- came back a little 'shrunk', as if it had spent too much time in a hot dryer. This is unusual for Vietnam, where things are usually hung out to dry. 2) Cleaning staff could have done a little better job mopping the bathroom floor during our stay. It was very clean when we arrived, but during our days there, it seemed they didn't do as thorough of a job on the bathroom floor. I'm sure if I had complained during my stay, they would have done a better job! I would definitely stay again at the Silver Moon Lakeview Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel sits at a very convenient location which is just a few minutes' walk from/to Hoan Kiem Lake. It is located in an alley so that basically you'll not be disturbed by the noise of motorcycles. We stayed in Rm 701 and the view is very good. Our room even has a small but delicate balcony which I love it very much.

The staff here are all very nice, especially Hana who's very kind and helpful. The buffet included for breakfast is also tasteful and with many choices. All in a word, this hotel is a good choice for your short stay in Hanoi, at a very acceptable price!

Room Tip: RM 701 has very good view with a small but cozy balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Madame Moon & her team are the foundation of this old quarter hotel.
Rooms a bit tired & jaded ,but what a fantastic value for money place to stay.!
Excellent big breakfast ,friendly staff , nothing too much trouble. We stayed almost a month whilst waiting for UK visa.
Go try it you will be pleased with your choice!!
Brian & Moon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've stayed for three nights in October and enjoyed our stay a lot! Unfortunately we had to be moved to another hotel (just opposite the Silvermoon Lakeview Hotel) for the first night, but that was not a problem at all and we were upgraded to a room with a balcony on the following 2 nights.
The rooms are clean and in a very good condition. The staff is absolutely amazing and helpfull, they speak good english and help you with everything. They helped me to get a vietnamese Sim-Card and helped me to set it up as I was getting vietnamese messages from the provider.
I can only recommend this hotel and will definitelty come back whenever I make it back to Hanoi!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends