“Awesome location, great breakfast, nice people.”

Artisan Lakeview Hotel
Ranked #40 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome location, great breakfast, nice people.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here upon arrival in Hanoi. Great to step off the rainy street into this little haven.

The staff was very accommodating and genuinely wanted to help me out with anything I asked. I really appreciated their service!

The room was pretty adequate with a good little bathroom and a safe for valuables, very appreciated. Nothing to write home about but we did have a room up near the top with a solid lakeview!

I'd recommend this place as a good value. The staff really made it for me.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank drdcuddy
ha n, Front Office Manager at Artisan Lakeview Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Cuddy,

How great for us to receive such lovely comments like yours! All of your nice words were being transferred to the staff in our hotel. They would be valuable gift for them to try harder to maintain their service.

As a Front Office Management, I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and provide you with that experience.

And please allow us to have another chance of welcoming you back when the occasion permits.

Take care yourself.

Ms. Nancy - Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. Wish we could have stayed longer. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Nice view of the lake. Room very clean and spacious. Had to leave our bags in their storage for one night and staff very accommodating and honest. Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Nilofa,

Greetings from Hanoi Silver Moon Lakeview hotel!

Yes, it always sad to say goodbye to someone, especially when you did had a good time with them. That's the reason why we always do hope a chance to welcome you again in near future when you come back to Hanoi. We are proud to be your home away from home in Vietnam. Also do hope that you could stay in our hotel longer next time.

With kind regards,
Ms. Nancy - Team Management.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

All I can say is stop looking - just stay here, you won't be disappointed!

I initially found this guest house in the Lonely Planet guide and then read the reviews on Tripadvisor, which were all positive. I was actually booked to stay at the Madam Moon Guesthouse but due to availability they accommodated me next door at Silver Moon. They also organised a meet and greet taxi for me on arrival - which was a blessing as my flight was delayed by 5 hours so I ended up arriving after dark, travelling on my own. The taxi was USD17 and I paid this on check out of the hotel.

The staff are amazing - so friendly, gentle, helpful and go the extra mile.

They booked my day trip to Halong Bay - USD38 and no complaints about the tour operator (GAT). The weather was so miserable and cold that before I left on the tour that morning the Receptionist gave me a jacket to wear for the day (which I returned) - such a generous and thoughtful gesture. I work for a hotel in Australia and I'm not sure that our front office staff would lend their jacket to a guest!

The rooms are so clean and housekeeping left single roses in my room - which was beautiful. Location is perfect - walking distance to everything you need in the Old Quarter. Breakfast is HUGE - too much in fact. The breakfast room looks over Hoan Kiem Lake. WiFi included in rate and is very fast.

Convenient, clean, quiet location, competitive prices, great staff - just stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had planned to stay at Madame Moon, but they were full, so they sent us here instead and let us stay at a discount (the Madame Moon rate instead of the normal Silver Moon rate).

Hang Hanh is the ideal street to stay on. It's right in the center of things, close to Hoan Kiem Lake, yet it's a relatively quiet side street with a lot less commotion and traffic noise than typical streets in the area.

Pleasant rooms here, clean, furnishin in good condition. Good breakfast, better than other breakfasts we had at similarly priced hotels in Vietnam. Some rooms have balconies over Hang Hanh St, great for having a cigarette on at night. Other rooms lack a balcony but have a big window with a lake view. (Our group had two rooms, so we saw both kinds.)

Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really enjoyed the service at the hotel and it's location is excellent. It's a very short walk to the Lake and you're a block from the old district. Staff were incredibly friendly and each request was met with a smile.

Room Tip: If you're on the top floor near the restaurant, take earplugs. The walls are thin, and if you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kil0Brav0
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Silver Moon for two days while touring Hanoi. The location was very good, the rooms had modern furnishings and the staff was friendly. We did have one issue during our stay but the owner of the hotel contacted me personally, was very professional and did everything in her power to make it right.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacob H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Traveled over Chinese New Year and couldn't have asked for a hotel in a better location, staff who were more helpful, or a better breakfast. Especially for the money. My room was spacious and looked out over the lake. It had all the fundamentals you would expect and was clean which is all you would really want. Breakfast was amazing, freshly cooked with fresh fruit. The location was second to none. I loved Hanoi and when I do go back again for leisure, I will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Avoid the floor on the same level as the breakfast room, it can be noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends