All reviews hang mam arrived hanoi halong bay old quarter manager mr sim card hoan kiem egg coffee every morning visiting hanoi rooms are clean tours sapa vietnam lake street renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

From the time we checked in at this hotel up to our last day, we were treated like friends by all the front liners especially Huy who is, literally, there any time of the day. The room we had was big for us three, not to mention another big extra bed aside from the 3 single beds we had. Breakfast is simple but its ok because we always feel the warmth of their service every morning. Nearing our last day, we met their manager Mr. Mike who's also accommodating. Everyday, they never fail to ask us how we were doing which we really appreciate. Overall, we love this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Thai-KimNB
Reviewed December 14, 2018

I am amazed by the hospitality and service of Mike and his team. Mike is flexible and a superb host for Vietnam. This is our first visit to Vietnam and Hanoi. He made the visit a really pleasant one for us - giving a quick run down of the surrounding in the old quarter, where to eat and where to shop, etc. He planned and coordinated our tour to Sapa, Bai Dinh and Trang An, every step of the way - For instance, the visit to Sapa, his driver picked us up from his hotel, transfer us right to the exact car on the train, arranged pick up at Lao cai station on arrival at 5am to transfer to sapa town which is 1 hour away. Similar arrangement for the return from Sapa back to his hotel - his driver waited outside the exact car of the train at 4am when it arrived Hanoi station and took us back to the hotel to rest. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. I am a light sleeper and I usually have trouble sleeping when I travel out of town. Surprisingly, I did not have any trouble sleeping soundly here. His team is friendly, approachable and they are always ready to help, offer ideas and suggestions on places of interest. We are thankful to have such a great host and place to stay during our visit - it helped to ease the culture shock for first time visitor to Hanoi, in particular, the old quarter. We had a great time in Vietnam and we are thankful to Mike and his team. Thanks again.

Room tip: Talk to Mike and he will show you the room available which meets your needs
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here end of November 2018. Perfectly located hotel in the heart of the Old Quarter. Check in was a breeze, the rooms are more than spacious, clean and well equipped with modern amenities and beautiful antique furniture. Balcony overlooking Hang Mam Street. Staff is professional and knowledgable with practical advice in proper Enlgish and detailed maps. Wifi is fast and cable TV geared for Western tourists wanting to keep abreast of news events back home. Walking distance to all major attractions ie Mausoleum, War and Hanoi Hilton Museums, markets and shopping streets. Breakfast is good and plenty. Well priced, got much more than we expected. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Second time I stayed in this hotel. Luckily after renovation the room is very nice and clean. It is much more comfortable than before, the same thing location is very good and staff is very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Manish R
Mike D, Owner at Discovery II Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Dear Mr. Manish,

It is so kind of to choose my hotel for your stay in Hanoi. I do want to say thank you so much for your kind as well as your such a nice review about my hotel. thanks to your kind, we will keep trying our best to offer better service to the next coming guests.
I do hope to have another chance to serve you again.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed November 5, 2018

This is my second review of this property after 4 years. I was overwhelmed with the service provided by the boss of this hotel 4 years ago and told myself that I would be back one day and I did. Hanoi is made so wonderful because of the excellent service by Mr. Mike Do, the owner of the hotel. I even recommended him and the hotel to my friends visiting Hanoi over the past few years and they were all very satisfied as well. I was pleasantly surprised this round when I re-visited this hotel and find that the place has been upgraded. The rooms are more beautiful now and it is still clean and neat as before. I brought my parents along this trip and the spacious room made us felt very comfortable all the time. The water heater and pressure is great! Location is perfect as it is right in the centre of Old Quarters and take less than 5 minutes to walk to Hoan Kiem lake. Mr. Mike also has his own tour agency and that really simplifies your whole plan at Hanoi. I do not need to look into too many details and could safely depend on whatever he has arranged for me. I actually revisited all the places I did 4 years ago with minimal changes as I was bringing my parents this round. From Halong Bay, Sapa to Trang An, every single tour was well arranged and comfortable throughout. I would also like to thank all the staff at the hotel for being so friendly throughout my stay there. They can all help in giving good advises that can help you save money, e.g. getting the right SIM card, getting the right egg coffee, going to right places for different things etc. I must also emphasize that the hotel and tours were all at a very good price. Again, I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Hanoi. I hope my next time back is not another 4 years later but sooner. Now, I'm missing Hanoi already! :)

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne K

Dear Mr. Wayne,

Wow! How to explain my feeling??? You and your parents are so kind, I am so happy to meet and serve you all. From bottom of my heart, Thank you so much for your kind as well as your such a nice reviews too. I hope not to wait for 4 years more to see you all again.

Thanks to your kind, I and my hotel's staff will keep doing our best to offer the better service to the next coming guests.

Have a nice day!