“Wonderful accomodation for a small price”
Review of Discovery II Hotel

Discovery II Hotel
Ranked #96 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
“Wonderful accomodation for a small price”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed one week at Hanoi Stars to attend a conference. It is a ten minutes walk to the lake, and has some popular restaurants and souvenir shops nearby. Our room was nice, with all basic comfort, and always clean. The staff was very friendly and always ready to help. All in all, our stay at Hanoi Stars has been very satisfying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maarten D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Krabi Town, Thailand
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at Hanoi Stars for 4 or 5 nights. The room was super clean, comfortable, quiet and a great price. The staff are super super friendly and speak great english. They know many things about the local area, tours, food etc. The location is really easy to walk around to the large park in the centre of Hanoi but it is far enough away to still see the local side of life. Great sushi bar within walking distance too!!!! Loved my stay at Hanoi Star xx

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank YKKPG
Paris, France
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Most of all, we had an amazing welcome by the staff, who was so nice and friendly. We got excellent restaurant addresses, and a very good support and help for so many things that makes your traveller life so good.

Very central location, easy for visiting the center of Hanoi by feet.

Emmanuel & Véronique - France

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Emmanuel F
Torino
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and it was a very good value for money. Excellent the location, big and clean room, very helpful staff. We also used their pick up service from the airport and their agency to book some visit and everything was excellently organized.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LisaTorino
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I found this place to be a great for the price. Rooms were clean. Staff friendly and helpful, if not as prompt as I would expect in North America. Then again I was in South East Asia. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Jon_1982
Newfoundland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean.
The front desk staff were exceptional. We arrived during Chinese New Year and they spent hours on the phone finding and arranging tours for us. Will stay there again when in Hanoi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank SAD D
Stockholm
Reviewed February 19, 2012

When I was in Hanoi me and my friend bought the bus ticket from Hanoi Star Hotel.Whit this ticket we were able to go from Hanoi to Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang and Saigon.
When we were going from Hoi An we decided to skip Nha Trang (beach) beacuse it was winter (start of december). We went from Hoi An and to Saigon but when we got on the bus we were told to sit on the floor. Of course we refused, after 10 km the bus stoped and we had to go off. They just said it would come another bus and pick us up.

We waited for an hour and a half and the bus showed up. The air-con. was broken and we were going to be on that bus for 23 hours. After 21 hours bus ride I noticed that someone stolen my Iphone when I had been asleep. The staff on the bus did not speak english but they looked on the seat that I been sleeping on. Becuse of my insurence I have to have a report from the police, so I went. In the police station the police officer was playing video games and didn´t wanted to help. He said that it wasen´t his district becuse of the fact that I lost it on my way to Saigon. I tried to contact the bus company and they said they would call back, but never did.

About a month later I was back in Hanoi again. I went back to this hotel and told them what happend. The manager of this hotel was upset that the staff for the bus company told me and mw friend to sit on the floor and required a meeting with the bus company and he wanted me to come to. So I did. We went together to the head office for the An Phu Hanoi Travel Co. Had a meeting with there manager. I wrote my own report about what happend and both of the manager signed the paper so I had something to show for the insurece company back home in sweden. I very grateful to the manager on this hotel and it really shows that he cares about there customers and it´s not all about money. If it something u not happy about, do tell him. He will help u.

Thanks alot/ Malin Andersson