“"Little Hanoi -with BIG HEART"”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #11 of 405 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Reviewed February 13, 2014

A perfect place to stay in Hanoi, with friendly & very accommodating staff around. The 1st hostel that I’m glad to recommend to all of my friends and everyone who wish to visit Hanoi. Thanks Guys for the warm hospitality that you’ve shown us. We really enjoyed our stay in your place- hope that we can meet again (on summer). Keep up the good work guys! david, kim :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Little Hanoi Hostel

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not only does this hostel has a great location, free breakfast, fresh fruit all day, free luggage storage if you go on mini trips and nice rooms, but most importantly, this hostel has Dave and Lilly! These two are by far the best thing about staying at Little Hanoi - they have amazing local knowledge, are always there to help, they plan great trips to Sapa and Halong Bay, are absolutely hilarious(!) and most importantly, they make sure you feel safe and secure. I was there during the Typhoon threat last year and what could have been a scary time was no drama at all because Dave and Lilly made sure that I had a room and was kept up to date with what was going on and even cancelled and rebooked all of my ongoing travel so that I wouldn't miss out on anything. I would not stay anywhere else in Hanoi!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a great time in and around Hanoi thanks to David and the other very friendly staff! The hostel is located right in the old quarter and it is easy to walk to several tourist attractions. David helped us to book a great tour to Sapa and Halong Bay and it was no problem to come back to the hostel after a tour to have a shower and enjoy a free breakfast. Would definitly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2014

David is the best hostel manager in the world.Never ever have I experienced so much fun and warm atmosphere in a hostel.The location is just perfect and so are the rooms.Number 1 choice in Hanoi for sure!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I still remember when i stepped into Little Hanoi Hostel with a little bit of anger after a long walk from the bus stop. But David and his wife, Alice still welcomed me and my travel mate with their lovely smile and friendly attitude by offering us nice coffee.They were really helpful in providing information and booking tours around town. They even let us stored our huge backpack in the 'romantic room' while we were away for our Halong Bay tour. The hostel itself located at the heart of Hanoi, just 15 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. The room was quite comfy and the breakfast was just excellent! Couldn't think of any better place to stay in Hanoi than Little Hanoi Hostel. Will definitely come back there if we hit Hanoi again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2014

He goes out of his way to make your stay as good as it possibly can be, including providing free beverages upon arrival. I would recommend the Little Hanoi Hostel based soley on his service. However, the hostel also offers a number of trips/organized tours that are very well organized and well worth scheduling. Again, this hostel's service is what sets them apart from all of the other options out there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place was amazing. One of the best places I've ever stayed in in all my travels in Asia. Little Hanoi Hostel was the first place I'd ever stayed at in Vietnam. My friend and I came for 5 days to visit Hanoi and we had the absolute best trip ever. When you travel to a new country that you haven't been to before it is wonderful and unexpectedly pleasant to have such a great stay at a youth hostel. The best part of our stay was the friendly and helpful staff. David treated us not just as guests but as friends who had come into town to visit. In the mornings we were treated to wonderful complimentary breakfasts and asked what we had planned to do for the day and helped in every way with planning out our daily itineraries and trip to Halong Bay! I came back to Hanoi for a second trip and again had the most wonderful time thanks to David and all the staff at Little Hanoi Hostel. I look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends