“Great hostel at a great price!!”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #11 of 371 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great hostel at a great price!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed in their dorm for just a night!! Very clean and the hosts were very friendly and helped us cover as much as possible in Hanoi.. the free breakfast is an added bonus coz very few hostels in vietnam seem to offer one for free!! cheers!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AshwinVC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've been travelling Southeast Asia for 2.5 months now and this was by far the best hostel I have stayed at. Dave and another woman were so welcoming when we first checked in. My friend and I stayed in a very spacious and clean twin bedroom, with an adjoining washroom. This was also very clean. Also, our floor was very quiet, unlike some other hostels I've stayed at. Dave was very knowledgeable about where to eat, drink, and shop, circling on a map multiple places we should visit. Prior to our stay, the staff helped arrange a tour in Halong Bay via Fantasea Cruises over e-mail. We were able to confirm our booking when we arrived and left the next day. The cruise turned out to be a wonderful experience, the staff on the boat being very friendly and knowledgeable. We also got to visit the caves and kayak on the water! When we returned to the hostel, Dave greeted us and continued to give us recommendations on nearby restaurants before our flight.

The staff and their attentiveness is what truly made this experience so great. Very friendly, efficient, and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am coming back to Vietnam just so I can stay here again! David and Lilly were so amazing. Friendly, so helpful and always smiling. I cannot fault the hostel in any way. The only thing that disappointed me was that they didn't have enough room for my last night in Hanoi. But even then, Lilly sourced another room for me at another branch closer to the lake. Kim in this branch is lovely too, very sweet. All in all the best hostel I think I will ever stay in and, had I not already booked my train ticket, would probably stay here for the duration. Clean rooms, nice people and good location. Thanks again Little Hanoi Hostel! X

• Stayed October 2013
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had been recommended the hostel by a fellow traveller and it lived up to the positive expectations I was given: There is free fruit and drinks (coffee/tea) available all day and the staff are extremely friendly, using first names where possible. I can't fault there desire to make a customers stay welcome. However, even if you book ahead or in person you can't guarentee your room! People booked tours to Halong Bay and Sapa (excellently organised and very highly recommended) and booked nights/rooms in Little Hanoi for when they returned but because the weather had turned bad the owners couldn't turn away the people in the rooms that had been booked in advance because they felt bad that the weather was poor and wanted to let them stay another night - kind and caring, yes - but for the people who had already booked it was very annoying. We sat for a long time in reception whilst they transferred us to their other hotels - fine but annoying when we had booked and were expecting a room there. Sometimes you can be too nice and end up causing irritation to others. I also stayed in the dorm but the air con leaked all over the floor and so we couldn't have it on in the night and the room was unbareable - I sat out in reception half way through the night to get some air. It was awful. I am sure that if the air con worked it would have been absolutely fine and excellent value for money but it turned out to be my worst night spent in Vietnam, so check it is working before you stay! It is however very clean with good sized beds and very friendly staff. In spite of the negatives i experienced I would stay here again if in Hanoi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MissBex1986
Bournemouth
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fab hostel- the pictures really don't do this place justice. Very clean and tidy and will do anything for their guests.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They remeber your name and use it each time they see you so more like a hotel than a hostel. They will give you a map and help show you were to visit. We had a complimentary bottle of water when we left for the airport which was lovely.

David & Lilly on reception were fantastic and thanks for sorting out our cooking class, The night porter was cool too as he sat and watch the footy with me in reception. Internet is good in the hostel. Rooms are good with each bed gettig a reading light and clean towels was a luxury.

Thanks for a fab stay- missing your hostel and vietnam now back in the UK
Will be back in a few years to see you all

Room Tip: go and try the local Bai Hoi beers- an awesome experience. Great place to soak up the atmostphere an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Steveholton
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Room was big, big bed, clean bathroom with hot shower, up a lot of stairs but thats vietnam!
Air con worked and it started dripping and was fixed immediately.
Welcome was enthusiastic, we were sat down to make the most of free fruit and tea and free water.
The staff made a real effort to say hello to everyone comig in and were really helpful booking tours.
I think there were just a lot of people around and the manager lady seemed to want to be involved with everyone so just felt a bit hectic which isnt what you want after battling those roads! Also we paid and left her to book our train tickets, having booked soft sleeper in the same cabin we ended up with hard sleeper in differet cabins which was a bit of a shock before a 16 hour journey when noone on the train spoke english, make sure you stay with the staff while they book and check exactly what youve got.
They were amazing when we came back from halong bay, though, let us have a shower before getting our train.
In a good location.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled across this hostel late at night, stepping right off a domestic flight with no prior booking. "Courage" the host gave us a warm welcome and made sure we were satisfied for our entire 2 day stay there. The cable TV, great choice of breakfast and endless cup of Vietnamese coffee included in the room fee was a nice touch and made for an easy start to the day. Would highly recommend this to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends