“They try hard to please - and please they do”

Little Hanoi Hostel
Ranked #10 of 385 Specialty Lodging in Hanoi
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
“They try hard to please - and please they do”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights as a family. This place has very helpful and honest staff, and the rooms are clean and well equipped. The free fruit, tea and coffee, sweets in the room, etc. were good pick-me-ups when the pollution of Hanoi got too much for us when we stayed. Talking to other travellers on the trips we booked through the hostel - it seemed like we got the best rates (Sapa and Ha Long Bay). But handy hint to save some moola: if you're doing Sapa, just book the train tickets through them (they are great at this), and find a guide yourself when you get to Sapa. Although I've read a lot of Ha Long Bay horror stories, the staff at Little Hanoi are very honest with what experiences you should get with each cruise option (their catchphrase was "you get what you pay for"). We went for and mid to high option and had one of the best experiences of our Vietnam trip.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and Little Hanoi to help out with, and they even opened up at crazy hours in the morning to get us free breakfasts and showers between our trips. I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed for our first 2 nights in Hanoi. Rooms were excellent and clean, with TV, air-con and hot powerful shower which is excellent considering the price - easily better than 3* hotels I've stayed in before.

Our airport pick-up didn't arrive but we got the number 17 bus into town, but this may have been because we emailed our flight details a tad late

Tony was extremely helpful in arranging our Halong/Cat Ba tour and with tips for exploring Hanoi.

We then booked another 2 nights through HostelBookers the night before our return to Hanoi but it turned out the hostel was full. We were directed to the sister Little Hanoi Diamond/Lucky Star hostel which for the same price, had even better rooms, facilities and staff

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Just a really quick review to echo what most have said before me. This really is an amazing place to stay and the staff are incredible. I had to plan two weeks from Hanoi to HCM and Tony was the one who stopped me from pulling my hair out - he worked out almost everything with/for me! The hostel is more like a hotel and really is at the top of its game. Free airport transfer, free fruit (in room and lobby, every day), breakfast included, daily room cleaning and excellent tour advice (unbiased as far as I can tell) along with travel booking. LHH is an awesome little haven in a hectic town.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kat_and_Si
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I would like to recommend Little Hanoi Hotel (Hostel) to anyone who going to Hanoi. We have a great stay at Little Hanoi Hotel. Outstanding service by all the staff especially receptionist. Trip arrangement, mark down all the interest places for us. Free wifi, free map, breakfast included.

Room Tip: Room 102 is great location ^.^
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sh8wn
cork
Reviewed September 25, 2012

l can honestly say that I have never stayed in such a lovely hospitable place. The staff are so friendly and helpful and just could not do enough for us. They picked us up at the airport, gave us a map and marked out all the places of interest in Hanoi, helped us arrange our trip to Ha Long Bay, organised our train to Hue and even paid for our taxi to the station. A big thank you to Tony in particular for such excellent service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank niamh m
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recommend everyone to stay here! I have always wanted to say this, finally- this is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in out of my RTW travels. The service they provide is OUTSTANDING, the kindest most sincere people you could ever meet. They each helped me plan my entire Vietnam trip, with extra special efforts made by Tony. I found the information provided to be no too biased in any way, and we compared a whole range of options which included independently booked alternatives. I appreciate all the time and effort the team paid me to my needs, and my stay at the hostel. The breakfast is free, and given that beyond generous, and booking tours to Sapa and HL bay in the end was an absolute breeze. I really feel at home at Little Hanoi Hostel, pouring myself tea and helping myself to fruits all day while chatting to staff in my downtime :-) Ask them where the best places to eat are, it is a great base to explore Hanoi as it is all very much walkable.
Another great thing is the custom wooden bunk beds in the dorm. Nothing worse than those horrible metal low-lying bunks where you have to duck to be at the bottom, and absolutely hurt your feet on those thin metal rod ladders I've experienced far too often.. just a little detail that I in particular appreciated. Also another pet hate is when there are not enough power outlets in the room. Stay in the dorm and there are PLENTY! this never happens for me ha. I will stay here again and again! In fact I'll be coming back tomorrow briefly! Many many thanks- Ashleigh

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Amaryanne
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We used Little Hanoi Hostel as our base for traveling among Hanoi, Sapa, and Halong Bay. They were super helpful booking our trips and were really flexible when our plans changed. And the location is right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple