Little Hanoi Hostel
$156
$97
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
$37
$116
$81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalong baydorm roomold quarterfree coffee and teaair conbooking toursnight buscat baairport pickupa great staystayed here for nightsrooms are cleankimtripslakebackpackersmap
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recommend everyone to stay here! I have always wanted to say this, finally- this is the BEST hostel I have ever stayed in out of my RTW travels. The service they provide is OUTSTANDING, the kindest most sincere people you could ever meet. They each helped me plan my entire Vietnam trip, with extra special efforts made by Tony. I found the information provided to be no too biased in any way, and we compared a whole range of options which included independently booked alternatives. I appreciate all the time and effort the team paid me to my needs, and my stay at the hostel. The breakfast is free, and given that beyond generous, and booking tours to Sapa and HL bay in the end was an absolute breeze. I really feel at home at Little Hanoi Hostel, pouring myself tea and helping myself to fruits all day while chatting to staff in my downtime :-) Ask them where the best places to eat are, it is a great base to explore Hanoi as it is all very much walkable.
Another great thing is the custom wooden bunk beds in the dorm. Nothing worse than those horrible metal low-lying bunks where you have to duck to be at the bottom, and absolutely hurt your feet on those thin metal rod ladders I've experienced far too often.. just a little detail that I in particular appreciated. Also another pet hate is when there are not enough power outlets in the room. Stay in the dorm and there are PLENTY! this never happens for me ha. I will stay here again and again! In fact I'll be coming back tomorrow briefly! Many many thanks- Ashleigh

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Amaryanne
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We used Little Hanoi Hostel as our base for traveling among Hanoi, Sapa, and Halong Bay. They were super helpful booking our trips and were really flexible when our plans changed. And the location is right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank umiamiamy
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Extremely friendly staff! The man in charge is amazing! He is super friendly, and he told us all of the best places to get good local food, as well as attractions and must-sees. There was free tea and coffee and fruit daily, and the food there was not all too bad. I would recommend just asking the front desk where to get good food instead though. It is in a very nice location, the rooms were pleasant and decently priced as well. The reason I enjoyed myself so much is really because of the hospitality shown by the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank jag08m
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Although my stay at Little Hanoi was short and brief, the service and hospitality I received was very welcoming and comforting. It is one of the better hotels in the city for a decent and affordable price.

Rooms and bathrooms were compact but cosy and clean. Wifi was excellent with good range all around the hotel. Breakfast was included and loved the fresh local fruits offered throughout the day. Location is good and within walking distance to all the major sites and places in Hanoi. There are great eateries not too far from the hotel also – ask Tony for directions to the best noodle houses in Hanoi. After-hour security is very good. There is a storage facility so you can leave your luggage and pack accordingly for the tours such as sapa, halong bay, etc…

Airport pickup to the hotel was not free – cost about $15USD (takes approximately 45 minutes). There is a bus/van airport transfer service for less than $3USD located near Vietnam Airlines office in Hanoi.

Tip: Do not skimp when making a booking for any tours – the prices are cheap for a reason you do not want to find out personally. Tony or any of the staff at the hotel will inform you of this… and they are not trying to upsell the tours. There are anecdotal evidence of bad experiences from the cheaper tours.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank stevanlay
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I picked this hostel because it provides a free airport pick up which was great because the airport is an hour away from the city. Located in old quarter area, so everything is within walking distance. you can walk to the lake, watch water puppet show, or having coffee and meals in numerous restaurants there.

The room we stayed was spacious. The double bed was so big it can actually accomodates 4-5 people,but of course you cant do that :). Everything is just basic, the furnitures, and the bathroom is ok buat maybe a little bit of cleaning. Air cond works well, and wifi is available throughout the hostel.

Breakfast is free and you can drop in anytime for free coffee and tea. Tours can easily booked through reception and most of the staffs speak english. And one of them even fixed my blackberry for free.

For the quality of service, this is a very well-priced hotel. So if you wanna stay here, just book straight from their website, ask for a free airport pick up. They will respond quickly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends