“Truly delicious food”

Thien Phat Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #488 of 2,448 Restaurants in Hanoi
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place so much we went back twice. The set menus are a great way to sample a range of dishes. The mock fish is just heavenly, it doesn't taste or have texture like fish, it's better more like a mini faux meatloaf, fantastic! We also got fried spring rolls which were the best we have had in Vietnam, full of texture & flavour thanks to ample mushrooms. Staff are polite and attentive, wonderful service. The place itself is fancy, and prices reflect that, but it was so good that splashing out was worth it. I wish I had a month in Hanoi to try everything on the menu.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Found this place online and decided to try it as my partner and I are both vegetarian. There was nobody else in the resaraunt so atmosphere a bit lacking, however the staff are so friendly and polite. The food here is truly incredible and there's so much choice. My partner had one of the many set dishes and I had the Pork spare ribs in spicy salt, with a side of potatoes stuffed with mushroom (similar to stuffing and roast potatoes). Both dishes were amazing and we ended up returning to this place a few times. Prices are pretty reasonable for a specialist restaraunt. I will really miss this food when I leave and can't reccomdnd it more!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

this is no doubt the best vegetarian restaurant i've ever been (since i'm a vegetarian and travelled a lot i've tried many...). the interior is almost a bit too chic for my backpacker taste, but if you want to have a nice dinner in a lovely traditional asian atmosphere or just can't resist the amazing menu with a big variety of all kinds of vegetarian food, you're right here. don't get confused, the so called pork, chicken, fish, squid and even snails - all "fake meat". sounds strange, but really - it is delicious! you can try all kind of asian dishes the vegetarian way. the prices are very reasonable (around 80'000dong) and the portions are huge for asian standards.

even if your a not a vegetarian try it. its amazing...

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very good and creative food. I really enjoyed each meal in this place. You have a lot of choice. The presentation and the taste are amazing. Even if you are not vegetarian you should try just once to discover something new.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

After three days of deep-fried-everything in Halong Bay, I needed some fresh and creative veggie options, without straying too far from Vietnamese cusine.

I chose Thein Phat on a whim, and it did not disappoint. Entirely vegetarian (and without eggs as per the waitress), the largest set menu plus drink came to about 200,000d. The food was refreshing,
not greasy. Mock meat was excellent - didn't seem to try too hard to make it taste like meat, but rather just make it taste good! The upstairs is tranquil, and a great escape. It's a new restaurant, and was a bit dull in ambiance (bit too polished and with the same looping instrumental track), but id definitely recommend it to any veggie in Hanoi.