TripAdvisor
Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Ways to Experience Tony Vietnam Adventures
from $180.00
More Info
All reviews professional guide ninh binh guided tour halong bay great guide pu itinerary vietnam van homestay english knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2019

After having a great experience with the same company the day before with a small group near Ninh Binh, I went to one of their office to book a daytrip to Halong bay. I was told that it will be a small group, private little van . I was excited. The reality was completely different. A giant bus came to pick me up at my hotel. THe guide ( Dragon ) was absolutely horrible and very rude to all of us. He made me change seat 6 times as apparently every seat was suppose to be taken and told one guy that he couldnt nap on the bus ( wait what??). Anyway after few hours we arrived in Halong bay. i felt the entire time like a kid in a school kid . They put us on the boat, he decided who will seat with who on the boat. We werent free to decide. He then told us that we had stay seated. Food was really aberage and actually pretty bad. After dinner, Dragon our guide went to get a beer and kept tellign of people for everything they were doing. The entire day was absolutely crap, i jsut felt like I have been scamed. I learned nothing about the Halong Bay. Nothing at all. The only nice thing of that tour was the canoe but it was just so hectic and badly organised with no smile . Then I find out after chatting with other tourists that I paid almost double than everyone else . The tour wasnt operated by Tony's tour but with "Dragon" something which they didnt told me about. I wish that I never booked this tour.

Date of experience: July 2019
tripvietnam A, Owner at Tony Vietnam Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

Dear Tripadvisor reviewers
I referred your comments on Trip Advisor due to your holiday in Vietnam and good to know about your traveling experiences. However, could you please check your booking confirmed information to address as Tony'stours? I am here at (Tony Vietnam Adventures) that do NOT HAVE ANY BRAND OFFICES IN HANOI. All is online booking platform reservation via online channel.
There are many copycat around over there that has been operated with a similar names in Hanoi that offers tours of a lower standard. FOR THIS SITUATION, PLEASE WALK AWAY WHEN SEE THIS OFFICE NAMES. For that Tony Vietnam Adventures is standing out brand name for ONLY EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE GUIDED TOURS SERVICES FOR ONLINE RESERVATION WITH PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE. DO NOT HAVE ANY TOURS - OFFICES - SALES for sharing/bus/ group tours. My company offers a high quality tours and private journey/adventures/photography/business assistance/interpreter/ factory visits/ trade show/professional tourguide. It would be appreciated if you could double check the website (tourguidevietnam(com) and correct name and address of the company you booked with and kindly delete the post and refer it to the correct company shown on your receipt booking. If you need any further assistance with this matter you can contact me direct at tony.vietnam@hotmail.com or Mobile/ Whatsapp/ to +84.369283168

AGAIN fellow travelers:

I DO NOT have any brand offices in the Old Quarter Hanoi. if you see it, please walk away because of this fake/
As you wrote, I am sure that you booked this tour at other Travel Agent office that is similar to my Travel's name. You should check this issue again in order to avoid making my friends misunderstanding and affecting/misleading the business name of my (Tony Vietnam Adventures) as a result of your review. I do hope you read those stuffs what I wrote here to check exactly the travel agent offices or company that booked the tour for you.
Thank you all for reading my words.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

We were three very loud, boisterous Americans, who were traveling with a twelve year old to Vietnam. We required something that encompassed the local, rugged flavors of Northern Vietnam, while having the safety and knowledge of a guide who could help us. From our very first contact with Tony, we found him to be a total professional. He was able to manage the itinerary which we presented him. His willingness to roll with the punches was both surprising and remarkable. Often impulsive, we would often change our minds and Tony would coolly nod and deal with any eventuality.
We wanted to experience the inner Vietnam and he was terrific at arranging each experience for us. We were able to stay in a fishing village in Cat Be Island and he roughed it with us.
Once in Hanoi, Tony introduces us to his family and his wife Nhung Rose. A phenomenal cook, she would take us to the local market each night and prepare beautiful home cooked meals that were a highlight of the trip.
In summary, if you are looking for a truly professional guide, with an even temper and a conscientious approach to the job, then Tony is your guy. 5 stars!!!!!!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Wtcharms
Reviewed June 22, 2019

Tony is a absolutely trustworthy, competent and reliable guide. He has also good sense of humor. After arriving at the airport we entrusted him with a sum of money so that he could pay for all expenditure such as bustickets, restaurant bills etc. Every evening he delivered a absolutely correct accounting. We laughed a lot together and I had a lot of fun visiting with him museums and points of interest. I can highly recomand him and his service.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Went to Pu Loung and homestay. Tony knows his stuff, speaks good English and is always willing to please. Of our month in Vietnam, Tony’s three day personal tour was the our favourite. If your thinking about Vietnam you should include tony for part of it. Investment in a knowledgeable and good English tour guide is well worth the cash highly recommend Tony

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank douglassA259ZF
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Had money exchanged here by myself, my girlfriend and one of my close friends great service and very helpful. Best exchange I’ve seen. Certainly a lot better than anything in the airport

Date of experience: August 2018
TONY TOURS V, Manager at Tony Vietnam Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

At Tony Tours Vietnam, the only one online reservation and booking private guided tours - platform on website, email: tony.vietnam@hotmail.com and phone No/WhatsApp + 84 369283168. We want to offer you the best value for your trip to Vietnam. This does not mean ‘cheap’, but a tour for you during which we are pleased to assist you in every way that we can to make sure that you have a brilliant holiday.
Best regards,