Open today: Closed

Ways to Experience Tours By Locals Vietnam
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2016

I had communicated numerous times with Tony prior to our arrival in Hanoi. We had arranged airport pickup and return as well as two days of tours in the city and outside the city. Total cost was to be $360--not cheap but I felt comfortable given Tony's responsiveness by email and TA ratings!! On 12/18 he asked for full payment by Paypal a full 5 weeks prior to our arrival. I informed Tony we don't pay in advance given prior travel experience and he indicated that was OK we could pay later on the tours. He reassured me that his driver would be at the airport to meet us upon arrival. I had provided flight info and hotel we were staying at.
Well to our surprise NO DRIVER when we arrived despite waiting 30 minutes outside arrivals area (even walked down to other portal A1 several times thinking he may be there--no luck) He was a definite NO SHOW!!!
We took a cab into our hotel and thought maybe Tony would either call or show up the next morning for our agreed to tour. NO LUCK, another NO SHOW with no call or email!!!!
We were forced to make other arrangements.
This is now 7 days later and still no contact from Tony.
If Tony wanted $ up front he should have said so rather than agreeing to be paid when he conducted the tours.
Instead he decided to strand us with no communication and forced us to make alternate plans on the fly!!!!
THAT'S A NO NO TONY----VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank jaybeeFL
TONY TOURS V, Owner at Tours By Locals Vietnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for bringing this situation to our attention. We took serious action to investigate about your airport pickups booking. Unfortunately we could not find out your booking request or other information (if you have Tony’s contact info, you could call at the time but for sure, you did not have detailed contacts too otherwise we also first time regret hearing about it). Even asking for full PayPal payment, we just asked clients for small initial booking confirmation guarantee due to deposit. Not full payment as you mentioned, so it may lead on misunderstanding to other travel agents you booked with, not Tony Tours.
However, we take all criticism as an opportunity to improve our services. Should you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. My email address is tony.vietnam@hotmail.com
Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it is a big part of how Tony Tours improves and works toward top-quality customer service.
We love it if you connected with us on Twitter and Facebook, where we share lots of travel stories and information every day. Looking forward to seeing you
tony.vietnam@hotmail.com

Reviewed January 25, 2016

I have visited Vietnam in JAN 2016 for a short business trip and I have selected Tony before visiting Vietnam from the reviews he had. the reviews were correct:

My trip was for business and I have asked Tony to be my interpreter + business assistant. I could NOT have selected a better person because Tony first of all very friendly, outgoing and street smart, he has contributed a lot in my meetings showing me correct points in our negotiations which were tried to have kept hidden from me from my counter part in Vietnam.

He was always on time in the morning and he waited for me all the time without any hesitations. His English is very good and his other skills are much better. If you are a business man like me who visit in short time and want to finish all your agenda quickly, Tony will be your perfect match.

If you have questions you can contact me at onuriko@gmail.com

I met Tony as an interpreter but know he is my friend in Vietnam.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank Onuriko
TONY TOURS V, Owner at Tours By Locals Vietnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

Dear Onuriko,
Thank you for taking the time to post a nice comment about Tony business assistant services here on TripAdvisor! I am pride of hearing that your short business experience trip went so well, and I’m glad that I was a part of your personal assistant in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
I would love it if you stayed in touch with Tony Tours, by following Facebook, Twitter or keeping in touch/ my email is tony.vietnam@hotmail.com. I regularly post stories and photos from around Vietnam in the hopes that you’ll find some inspiration for your next business trip adventure! I look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed January 12, 2016

We had a fantastic guide in North Vietnam,(Hanoi). His name was Hung 30. He was employed by Destination Asia. He spoke great English and he was delightful and informative. Flexible and fun..

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Bmour
Reviewed November 7, 2015

Tony helped us with airport transfers and guided us around Hanoi.
I have used many guides in many different countries and Tony is up there with the best.
Answered my (many) questions before and during our stay, helped us when our luggage didn't arrive and was friendly and patient throughout our stay.
Tony has very knowledgeable on a wide range of topics relating to Vietnam and he helped not only in showing Hanoi to us but also orientating us for the rest of tour of Vietnam.
I have no hesitation recommending Tony.

Date of experience: August 2015

Dear ItchyFeet319,
Thank you so much for this lovely review of Tony Tours! It’s great to know that your experience in Vietnam was such an excellent one, especially Tony Tours was a part of your choice when traveling abroad. Your feedback and recommendation will encourage our job inspired in the future.
Please do also stay in touch with us, by finding Tony Tours on Facebook, Twitter. We post stories, photos, and updates from around Vietnam, in the hope that you’ll find some inspiration for a new adventure! We look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed September 2, 2015

We arranged all our tours in Hanoi with Tony, even transfers to the airport. And I have to tell that everything was as expected. He was always helpful and taking care about all the details.
We made with him a day private tour to Halong Bay, I have to tell that we had a very nice boat only for our family, with an excellent meal on board.
Really very good service.

Date of experience: August 2015