“Great place to stay”
Review of Hanoi Guest House

Hanoi Guest House
Ranked #5 of 627 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I travelled for 6 months in 2012 and this was one of the best places we stayed. We booked our Halong bay trips with the very helpful girls on the reception (Phuong, Huyen, Khanh, Nga) who all provided spectatular service and looked after us when we needed to extend our stay due to illness. If you are stayin in Hanoi and arent too fussed about a party atmosphere in the place where you sleep head here...then head to Hanoi Backpackers for quiz night, beer and banter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott M
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Guest House

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Vietnam was the first city I visited in SE Asia, and Hanoi was my first city. Our room had plenty of space for two people. My friend and I were able to spread our luggage around the room. The hotel is located in the Old Quarter. The staff were extremely friendly and incredibly helpful! They had great suggestions for where to go eat and suggestions for tours. They went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. They booked our tour to Ha Long Bay, and our night train ticket to Hue. They even had a staff member follow us to the train station to make sure we got on the right train, and in the right cabin. They also let us use their shower facility before our night train. Because of the staff, Hanoi will always be a special place to me. The location is great, the hotel is great, the breakfast is great, but what makes this guesthouse stand out the most is the genuine kindness of the staff. I can't wait until I'm in Hanoi again! I know that whenever I do visit I will be staying at Hanoi Guesthouse. Thank y'all so much for such an amazing stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks in June. The rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful and genuinely friendly. My gf and I made friends with the staff immediately. Breakfast is fresh fruit and eggs your way, or pancakes or pho and was exactly what was needed.

I'd definitely stay again and would recommend for anyone to do the same. If you like your stay, tip the staff, they work very hard to make you happy! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed there for a week. Despite of being in such a busy street, my room was very quiet. The staff are lovely and helpful. Reasonable price for the location and breakfast. Close to the Hoan Kiem lake, markets, restaurants, street food and shopping. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms are beautiful and clean and we were surprised at the nice flowers placed on our beds.
Every staff there made us feel at home and we were so happy to have found this place on tripadvisor, we were like friends, not just customers, will miss you all..
And great local dishes prepared by the staffs upon our request too.. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wong J
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This guesthouse is by far the best guesthouse I've ever stayed at. Worth every Dong. Service is great, with free complimentary fruits and drinks. They serve big breakfast. The room is very clean. The staff is always ready to help. They arrange everything for you so it really feels like you are on a worry free vacation. I wish every guesthouse is like that.

They are true to their words. Everything they say on the Internet is real. They do not false advertise.

I will definitely go back here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Erika L
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I cant say that this is the best hotel I have stayed too in Hanoi (since I have only stayed in two hotels in my two visits here) but I definitely would be coming back even if it means that I wont be able to try the other hotels within the Old Quarters.

That is how satisfying Hanoi Guesthouse, they give you great service once you enter the hotel. They serve you not only with a welcome drink but they also have welcome fruits. The staff is on hand and will be greeting and carrying your luggage for you. Check-in was quick, they escort you to your room and give you some reminders about the place.

If I am tying to find some fault maybe I could say that the bedin my room (402) needs retiring but I was still able to sleep. Airconditioning should not really be placed directly in front of the bed ( this is not just Hanoi Guesthouse's problem) but good thing there was a fan and a window (I specifically requested for it) which made not using the AC better.

The breakfast food is good for me specially the pancake.

And, the greatest catch for this hotel is the staff. All of them should be commended for such exemplary work on hospitality and service. In some hotels, you get a handful of great workers but then you also get some really nasty ones, but for this place I think everyone truly appreciates the value of their work and the service they should be providing to their customers.

Baggage storage is free and wifi is really fast.

What more can I ask for? Truly worth a next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo