We recently spent a month in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. We stayed in some excellent hotels. The Hanoi Guesthouse was our favorite. We initially spent five days there in September. We returned to Hanoi in October and intended to splurge at the wonderful Hotel Metropole which is old, beautiful and full of character. But the Hanoi Guesthouse was so terrific we had to come back. Here are some specifics:
1. SERVICE: Just Fabulous and it was what really made our stay so wonderful. The young ladies at the desk, Ms. Huyen, Ms. Nga, Ms Khanh and Ms. Phuong were very friendly and would do anything they could for you. This included asking how you were doing every day, schedule any trip you wanted (Hailong Bay, Sapa, City tour, Counry tour, restaurant, spa, taxi or cyclo) and generally being as friendly and helpful as any person could. Also, we were picked up at the airport, allowed to store bags and check out late. Anything they could possibly do they did.
2. LOCATION: The hotel is in the middle of the Old Quarter with all of it's energy, excitement and character. Hoan Kiem Lake is a 5 minute, if somewhat harrowing, walk. There are at least six restaurants within three minutes of the hotel. We walked everywhere and cannot think of a better location.
3. THE ROOM: We were on the third floor and had a balcony overlooking the very active street. The room was clean and large (we had lots of bags) with an equally spacious bathroom and closet. The King bed was very comfortable. The a/c was so wonderful to come back to when it was 92 degrees out with 100 per cent humidity. At night we closed off the balcony and did not hear any noise. We had free internet that worked fine. The price was $45 and we never found a better bargain.
4. THE BREAKFAST: It comes with the room. The had both Vietnamese and American style breakfasts. The young men in the very small kitchen do an excellent job. The pho was as good as we had in any restaurant. My wife loved the banana crepes and wants to try to duplicate them at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hanoi Guest House is ideally situated in the central part of old town, conveniently close to all the interesting attractions like Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son Temple, Water Puppet theater, Restaurants, Bars, Shops, etc. The Team speak excellent English, are knowledge to advise you what is worth visiting around Hanoi and other sites. They are incredibly helpful willing to accompany you. Hotel facility be provided sufficiently, include Elevator. The room rates are inclusive of breakfast, daily fruit, juice, coffee and tea. Free Computers to use at lobby. Free WiFi access be served all floors. The rooms are complimentary fully equipped Satellite TV, Minibar, Air-conditioning, Fan, Heater, Internet access - wireless, Computer in lobby (Complimentary), Refrigerator, Work Desk, Wardrobe, Sitting area,Telephone, Hair dryer, Slippers, Private bathroom with hot shower, towers, bathtub, bathroom amenities, Wake up service/Alarm clock... Superior room with window, Deluxe room with balcony or Old Quarter view, Honeymoon rooms are decorated specially. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanoi Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanoi Guesthouse Hotel Hanoi