“fair enough”

Bao Khanh Hotel
Ranked #397 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
“fair enough”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there one night with my wife durning our quick visit to Hanoi. The location is really good as you are only 2 min walk from the lake and right next to the old quarter. The standard is ok for the price you pay. A nice touch were the fresh flowers in our room and free upgrade as we were on honeymoon. However the breakfast could be much better. The staff is friendly though not always able to fully comunicate, especially on the phone. I suppose it is ok for one or two nights, but not much more than that

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Khách Sạn B, Guest Relations Manager at Bao Khanh Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliment on our hotel and services.

I have spoken with our Chef and now we are in the process of creating new breakfast items that will be more exciting.

I also apologize for the unclear communication from our staff and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will do our best to ensure that our staff has the necessary training to communicate clearly to be able to welcome you back to Bao Khanh Hotel on your next trip Hanoi.

Tom/Mr.
Bao Khanh Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Vietnamese first
Queensland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Firstly I would like to say I only booked here because my tour company was supposed to end at this hotel.

I'm not real picky when it comes to Hotels at all but when you walk through the door and see a cockroach in the bathroom and one in the bedroom you know something isn't quite right.

Also the hotel staff can be rude and inconsiderate at times. Before 8am they started doing handy man work. All I could here was banging on the wall and the sound of cutting wood! Couldn't they have waited until the middle of the day when they know no one is asleep?

Breakfast is also Terrible. I ended up going to the real kangaroo cafe on the ground floor!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank BuBbLeGuM_kIkI

Travelers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and clean with amenities you expect to Western standards. Not luxurious but still pretty nice. In a good location off Bao Khanh street, not far away from Old Quarter and the lake. Room stay comes with breakfast in the top floor restaurant and bar, and while not out of the ordinary has a wide range of breakfast items, including an egg, omelette station and a pho station.

I was especially impressed with the service we received from the concierge. I wish I remembered her name, but the lady we went to all the time was very friendly, spoke good English and was very helpful in helping us get around and solve any problems we had during the trip. I would recommend this place on service alone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
auckland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

First up was the Bao Khanh Hotel, which is where I stayed with my Contiki Tour. I didn’t take any photos of the place, as to be honest it was pretty basic and not very special. The beds were fine, the rooms were clean (although rather small), the breakfast was nice and the location was good – but there was nothing extra or anything that made it stand out. Just a typical middle-of the range 3-star hotel. Would stay again, but no longer than 1 or 2 nights.

See full review: passportpacked.com

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
NY
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed twice 2 years ago. I was there enroute though Hanoi and enjoyed the hotel.
The room price included breakfast buffet with all US and Vietnamese foods offered.
The roof top resturant has great veiws
Yes the hot water is spotty ,the internet access also not super.The travel desk was most helpful
Yes it is a bit older than some,but the location for me is key.
Adjacent to the Hoam Kien Lake( a great place to walk jog read think people watch) and Buddhist site,the Ledgends microbrew resturant ,the outside upper deck affords the best veiws
overlooking the infamous Hanoi traffic rotary,short walk in many old neighborhoods water puppets and the night market around the corner.
I left a large duffle there for 10 days in storage no charge untouched
You get what you pay for.If you can be comfy in a 3 star hotel this is OK for you
You can walk to the SOFEHOTEI from there I think the suites start at $1000 us a night
I would go back a good place to stay a few and go on .
RS

Room Tip: all elevator or stair access to the back I think is quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, Only 2 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake; and 10 minutes walk to the famous Thang Long Water Puppet Theater. The hotel is located in the famous Old Quarters area. Very easy to do shopping and to get food. The room is clean and very comfortable. They have coffee/tea kettle in the room but unfortunately they forgot to put tea..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stevenbui237
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I got this hotel because of its fairly prime location near the lake and the old district. In that it delivered but on little else. I’m not too picky when it comes to hotels but as I get older I do nevertheless get less tolerant. Fifteen years ago I might have thought this pretty good but not now. First off, the very first thing I noticed when I opened the door was a half-inch cockroach scurrying across the little fridge. So much for first impressions. He was no loner either. I saw at least 6-7 more and killed a few. There were also these small ants all over. In the room when I arrived I found a used toothpick on the bed table and used tissue on the floor by the window. As someone else has noted, the sounds of construction on a building next door (April 2012) was incessant up til about 9pm. But as I wasn’t in my room much during the day this was not too much of an inconvenience. The water pressure was good but the bathroom was quite small and circa 1980. Breakfast…I’ve had much better in Vietnam. It was greasy and looked tired. They should rename the internet, intermittent because that’s what it was, even though they supply the cable (also have wireless). The night before it was ok but the next morning it was slow to non-existent. But like I said, location is good and the place does have character. With the high ceilings and French windows it reminded me of a few over the hill Paris hotels I’ve stayed in. Try to get rooms facing Bao Khanh Street rather than the back where the construction noise is and where there’s no view. Bottom line: if you’re a stickler for cleanliness stay away. If you want location it delivers, but so do a lot of places that I imagine are much more hospitable and equally priced.

Room Tip: facing the street and high floor (above 5)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo