Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great tour with Mango

Our guide mango showed us around the old quarter, she was so Friendly and bubbely. She gave us so... read more

Reviewed yesterday
LinnT117
via mobile
Personalised, fun and so comfortable

Our guide Moon expertly navigated our group through the culinary, cultural and physical laneways of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
bearlenepveu
Melbourne, Australia

5,687 results
All reviews mango miss moon street food tour egg coffee sticky rice vietnamese food old quarter ms moon come hungry different places first night amazing food empty stomach great introduction three hours lovely guide banh mi
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a big group for the night so needed to be "sticky rice" when crossing the road with crazy traffic. Ling and Phouc are good guides and they speak good english. They tried to answer all our questions, not only abt food but also abt vietnam!
The food are amazing and its good to know what we are eating! (as most of the places have no english menu, not eveh have an english name of the dish...)

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank ChuiYi
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We really enjoyed the night out with Phuc, very nice guy. We could have walked ourselves but I was scared to eat wrong food so I joined this tour . Food was ok . Not as much ,not too full as someone mentioned before but just enough. 2 out of 4 in our family got food poison next morning. May be just bad luck. As no one mentioned before. May be ice drink we got that night at one of the street stall. I didn't want to write this so thinking for 3 weeks. But 2 of us had tummy ache for 3 days so a bit annoyed on our holiday.

4  Thank SandySydneyAus
Hanoistreetfoodtour, Manager at Hanoi Street Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear SandySydneyAus
Thanks for your taking time to share your experiences here
Firstly on behalf of Hanoi Street Food Tour , I would like to say very sorry for your family trouble after did our trip , this was a first time we have informed this trouble after two year working street food tour .I must to say this was a food accident only and no need strong stomach as your review name , because of 4 people in your family together with 2 food adventurers ( SdanP - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293924-d5583955-r195809585-Hanoi_Street_Food_Tour-Hanoi.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT ) went on our tour in this night ,but there were 2 people in your family got this trouble and 2 food adventurers enjoyed our trip so much and gave to us an excellent review ( You could check it on review name : “Street Food Tour - Safe Compromise” ).
I would like to say sorry one again for this food accident and hope two member in your family get all well and enjoy Vietnam my country trip !
By the way , I would like to tell all our valued customers , NO NEED STRONG STOMACH ,but you could see and eat street foods and drink as thousand travelers and million people in Hanoi , my city
Thanks and Sincerely !
Hoai Pham Miss - Hanoi Street Food Tour Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We booked this tour for the first full day we were in Hanoi to get a feel for the food and the city. That was the best decision we could have made. Our guide was awesome and gave us a lot of information about the food and history of the area. Do not eat breakfast if you are doing a morning tour. We were so full. There is a fair amount of walking but it was good to walk between eating.

1  Thank SamF9-17
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I acompanied 7 other much younger tourists on the Hanoi Street Food tour last night. We both agreed that the 2 Vietnamese University (tourism/hospitality) students who were our guides for the evening did a fantastic job showing us the sights, local street food options and shopping districts of Hanoi. Ling and Phuc (hopefully the correct spelling :)) are great ambassadors - super job! This tour is a must do if you are adventurous and able to navigate the busy Hanoi streets and want to try eating as the locals do ...yum! The guides take great care in guiding you across the street (they called it "sticky rice" - crossing all together) and likely to preferred local food stops. BTW - they both guides spoke very good English and a bit of french.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank james g
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband is wary of having street food in general while I am a food adventurer. This tour is our compromise. :)
Plus the fact that it is our first time in Vietnam and neither of us knows a word of Vietnamese...

So we booked this tour online. When we arrived for the tour (having been in Hanoi for a day), we were led to another store front down the road. I thought to myself... oh, no.....
I verified with the lady that she really had our names on her list and that we're not just led away to another establishment like some of these scams we read about. Fortunately, she did have our names. However, the price was different than was agreed in the email. She changed it without fuss.

While still at their office, we, together with another family of 4, were offered a rice wine (37%!) and candy.

Our tour with Mr Phuoc was excellent. He spoke good English, had a great personality, tried to answer all our questions, including questions about himself :) and kept us safe while crossing the 'Streets of Hanoi Old Quarter'.

Not only did he take us to places we would not have gone to eat by ourselves, but he also explained other cultural tidbits to us.

We were standing by Hoan Kiem Lake eating local ice cream while he explained the story of the Lake and the infamous tortoise.

We stopped by a water puppets shop, and he explained the history of water puppets.

All in all, we had an unforgettable experience.

1  Thank SdanP