“A Must Do For First Timers in Hanoi”

Hanoi Street Food Tour
Ranked #14 of 229 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hanoi street food tour is a leading local travel company located inside old quarter . Our company is not only organizing for street food walking tours ,but also organzing for sightseeing food eating by motorbike, cyclo tours,biking tours and organizing City sightseeing street food tours on the back of a scooters !
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you are visiting Hanoi for the first time and want to try the street food but do not know which places are good to go to as a tourist and at the same time you want to sample some of the traditional Hanoi style food in the local laid back atmosphere but do not know what they are - then you should really try the Hanoi Street Food Tour. We absolutely enjoyed the three hour tour along with our tour guide 'Lucky' who took us to some of the places I would have never dared to stop and eat but aside that I would not even haven known what they offer nor that some of it is traditinal Hanoi food. Each and everyone of the places we went to was wonderful and the food delicious. I actually was somewhat disappointed that we could not go to more places after the three hours were over. Not sure if the guides always go to the exact same places but I would venture to say that all of them are good if you are willing to experience a bit and try to taste the tradtional street food in Hanoi. So I can definitely recommend this tour. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Hanoi.
PS: I still think the price we paid is reasonable but you could also argue if one would know all the places they show you if you could have done it cheaper. Probably so. But I still think it is worth the money...and also fun and very tasty!! So a great evening out for some traditioanl Hanoi street food!!

1  Thank mickemouse_ffm
Write a ReviewReviews (5,175)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"banh mi"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a big group for the night so needed to be "sticky rice" when crossing the road with crazy traffic. Ling and Phouc are good guides and they speak good english. They tried to answer all our questions, not only abt food but also abt vietnam!
The food are amazing and its good to know what we are eating! (as most of the places have no english menu, not eveh have an english name of the dish...)

1  Thank ChuiYi
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We really enjoyed the night out with Phuc, very nice guy. We could have walked ourselves but I was scared to eat wrong food so I joined this tour . Food was ok . Not as much ,not too full as someone mentioned before but just enough. 2 out of 4 in our family got food poison next morning. May be just bad luck. As no one mentioned before. May be ice drink we got that night at one of the street stall. I didn't want to write this so thinking for 3 weeks. But 2 of us had tummy ache for 3 days so a bit annoyed on our holiday.

4  Thank SandySydneyAus
Hanoistreetfoodtour, Manager at Hanoi Street Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear SandySydneyAus
Thanks for your taking time to share your experiences here
Firstly on behalf of Hanoi Street Food Tour , I would like to say very sorry for your family trouble after did our trip , this was a first time we have informed this trouble after two year working street food tour .I must to say this was a food accident only and no need strong stomach as your review name , because of 4 people in your family together with 2 food adventurers ( SdanP - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293924-d5583955-r195809585-Hanoi_Street_Food_Tour-Hanoi.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT ) went on our tour in this night ,but there were 2 people in your family got this trouble and 2 food adventurers enjoyed our trip so much and gave to us an excellent review ( You could check it on review name : “Street Food Tour - Safe Compromise” ).
I would like to say sorry one again for this food accident and hope two member in your family get all well and enjoy Vietnam my country trip !
By the way , I would like to tell all our valued customers , NO NEED STRONG STOMACH ,but you could see and eat street foods and drink as thousand travelers and million people in Hanoi , my city
Thanks and Sincerely !
Hoai Pham Miss - Hanoi Street Food Tour Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We booked this tour for the first full day we were in Hanoi to get a feel for the food and the city. That was the best decision we could have made. Our guide was awesome and gave us a lot of information about the food and history of the area. Do not eat breakfast if you are doing a morning tour. We were so full. There is a fair amount of walking but it was good to walk between eating.

1  Thank SamF9-17
See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I acompanied 7 other much younger tourists on the Hanoi Street Food tour last night. We both agreed that the 2 Vietnamese University (tourism/hospitality) students who were our guides for the evening did a fantastic job showing us the sights, local street food options and shopping districts of Hanoi. Ling and Phuc (hopefully the correct spelling :)) are great ambassadors - super job! This tour is a must do if you are adventurous and able to navigate the busy Hanoi streets and want to try eating as the locals do ...yum! The guides take great care in guiding you across the street (they called it "sticky rice" - crossing all together) and likely to preferred local food stops. BTW - they both guides spoke very good English and a bit of french.

1  Thank james g