Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $25.65
from $25.65
from $25.00
7,586 results
All reviews mango miss moon street food tour sticky rice egg coffee vietnamese food old quarter ms moon come hungry different places amazing food first night empty stomach great introduction three hours banh mi lovely guide
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2014

An excellent way to discover old Hanoi with food the linking theme. Make sure you try the egg coffee; sounds weird but is an amazing treat

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Four if us spent 3 hours wandering around the old quarter going into food shops we'd never be game to normally try or find. It was a delight, as the guide explained the dishes and the correct pronunciation. The foods were varied, from pillow cakes to egg coffee and ginger flavoured cassava.
We covered quite a few kilometres which helped the appetite. We saw much of the old quarter with guide providing useful information. This tour was well worth the $15 (US) cost.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was a bit skeptical: it's a lot of money for Vietnam and the tour was lead by a westerner...but both my girlfriend and I thought that this was among the best experiences we had in Vietnam. Mark has a great personality and the tour was well thought out and extremely informative. This completely eliminated any intimidation you might have in trying Vietnamese street food and provides some information as to what the hell you've just eaten. My girlfriend is far from an adventurous eater and came away very pleasantly surprised. Mark was really good about accommodating our dietary concerns, communicating a small hiccup we had prior to the tour and emailing us quickly after the tour with respect to some questions we had that evening. I would unequivocally recommend this tour.

Pros:
1. Awesome email/communication before and after the tour
2. Mark - he's interesting, intelligent, and funny - just a great guide
3. The food
4. I was concerned about the authenticity of a Vietnamese food tour being done by a westerner. But, it actually added to the experience as Mark is able to bridge language/understanding gaps.

Cons:
1. The price, for Vietnam, is so expensive it made me rethink about booking it - but it's worth it.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Mark Lowerson's street food tour is essential for the real street food experience. For first time visitors to Hanoi, it is very difficult to know what "hole in the wall" and alleyway offers the best eats.
Mark is very knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic. He'll take you places you probably cannot find on your own and the food and atmosphere (with actual Vietnamese, not tourists)is fantastic. We took the morning tour since we had only one day in the city and stopped at five unforgettable..I'm not sure you can them restaurants as we know them.
If we had an extra day we would have taken the all-day excursion, it was that great!

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2014

As my title, just " perfect " for Hanoi Street Food.
Food in Old Quarter really cool, i tried them 03 times when i came to Hanoi.

Date of experience: December 2013