Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great tour with Mango

Our guide mango showed us around the old quarter, she was so Friendly and bubbely. She gave us so... read more

Reviewed yesterday
LinnT117
via mobile
Personalised, fun and so comfortable

Our guide Moon expertly navigated our group through the culinary, cultural and physical laneways of... read more

Reviewed yesterday
bearlenepveu
Melbourne, Australia

5,687 results
All reviews mango miss moon street food tour egg coffee sticky rice vietnamese food old quarter ms moon come hungry different places first night amazing food empty stomach great introduction three hours lovely guide banh mi
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was a bit skeptical: it's a lot of money for Vietnam and the tour was lead by a westerner...but both my girlfriend and I thought that this was among the best experiences we had in Vietnam. Mark has a great personality and the tour was well thought out and extremely informative. This completely eliminated any intimidation you might have in trying Vietnamese street food and provides some information as to what the hell you've just eaten. My girlfriend is far from an adventurous eater and came away very pleasantly surprised. Mark was really good about accommodating our dietary concerns, communicating a small hiccup we had prior to the tour and emailing us quickly after the tour with respect to some questions we had that evening. I would unequivocally recommend this tour.

Pros:
1. Awesome email/communication before and after the tour
2. Mark - he's interesting, intelligent, and funny - just a great guide
3. The food
4. I was concerned about the authenticity of a Vietnamese food tour being done by a westerner. But, it actually added to the experience as Mark is able to bridge language/understanding gaps.

Cons:
1. The price, for Vietnam, is so expensive it made me rethink about booking it - but it's worth it.

Date of experience: January 2014
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Mark Lowerson's street food tour is essential for the real street food experience. For first time visitors to Hanoi, it is very difficult to know what "hole in the wall" and alleyway offers the best eats.
Mark is very knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic. He'll take you places you probably cannot find on your own and the food and atmosphere (with actual Vietnamese, not tourists)is fantastic. We took the morning tour since we had only one day in the city and stopped at five unforgettable..I'm not sure you can them restaurants as we know them.
If we had an extra day we would have taken the all-day excursion, it was that great!

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2014

As my title, just " perfect " for Hanoi Street Food.
Food in Old Quarter really cool, i tried them 03 times when i came to Hanoi.

Date of experience: December 2013
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We lucked out and did this the first night we arrived - it was a really good time, and gave us several places to eat that we ended up going back to. Make sure to pay attention during the tour so you can remember where you went!

Date of experience: November 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We were very keen to try some Vietnamese street food but lacked the confidence/know how to go it on our own so this was the ideal way to get around that. Our guide took us on a walk all through Hanoi stopping occasionally for food, drink or an ice cream. We tried some things we never would have otherwise and had a great 3 hours. A must do if you're like us, curious about street food and unsure where to start.