“Very good ............. when I got to the room I booked”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Glance Beauty Hotel
Ranked #320 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
SW England
“Very good ............. when I got to the room I booked”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

When I arrived I was told that they were redecorating so I had to stay across the street. Seems they had overbooked according to a staff member next day. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly.
Seems the hotel has an identity problem with so many different names.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AsianvisitorUK

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked a family room but were given two rooms on the 7th floor. One of the rooms had a spa bath and the other room had a massage shower. We got to the hotel at about 10 am and were told that the room will not be ready by 2pm. The girls at the reception gave us a map and a few places to visit and have food. Of course, we did not take up their suggestions for the expensive cyclo tour. Instead we took the open tourist bus which we thoroughly enjoyed! Were shown to our rooms by two receptionists. Good variety in breakfast the next day
Next morning, went to Halong bay. Upon return, picked up bags at the hotel, had taxi arranged for us and were told of a good place to eat nearby as we were leaving for the airport same evening. We were invited to a cocktail party in the hotel's restaurant and were treated to a variety of treats by the lovely staff. Overall, a very good experience

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We made two separate bookings with this hotel through Agoda prior to our trip to Hanoi. After reading reviews and worrying that hotels would overbook, I emailed the hotel and confirmed our bookings. Our first booking was for a one night stay. We would then checkout, spend one night in Ha Long Bay and return to Glance Beauty the next day. Check in was fine. Our family suite with a large balcony was as expected. Everything looked clean. We left and went to dinner. That night when I pulled the coverlet down, I noticed the sheets looked rumpled (as in it has a lived in used sheets look to it). Upon closer inspection, I saw a few short black hairs on the sheet and pillow. Horrified, I checked the other bed and it was the same! I pulled the whole cover off and looked at the bottom of the bed. It was dirty like someone went to bed with dirty feet. Ew! No one in our family has short black hair. The kids' feet don't even reach down there and we haven't even climbed into bed yet. I called front desk and politely requested that they send housekeeping up to change the sheets as they were dirty. I waited ten minutes. My kids were waiting to go to bed. Finally I went downstairs. There were three staff members standing around. I had to explain the situation again and asked if they could even give me the sheets and I would take care of it no problem. I was trying not to make a big deal. So that you know, at this point I am still polite as all I wanted to do was get the kids in bed. They got the sheets and went with me in the elevator. After making some comments and realizing that I understood Vietnamese, they wanted to know if I understood everything. I told them yes and that's when they were very very helpful. Both gentleman changed the sheets and then apologized for the condition. Of course I think it's out of the ordinary that this happened at their hotel so I don't really hold it against them still...

The next morning we checked out early, had our bags tagged and left it at the hotel. We all said our goodbyes and that we would see them tomorrow. Upon arriving back from our trip to Ha Long Bay (booked directly with junk company), we were informed that they overbooked and that they rebooked us at a different hotel about three blocks away. It is now 6 p.m., and cold, both sons suffered motion sickness in the van with one vomiting. The other one was crying. Our family had to walk through Hanoi traffic to get to our new hotel. When I asked how there could be an overbooking, the young lady (Ms. Thai) told me that someone became ill and wanted to stay another night. Then she added that the lady also fell. Hmm. Is that overkill? We got to the new hotel. It was a cold lobby with a dark hallway and stairway. The room was a triple, no balcony and looked like a two star hotel. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling, and the sink cabinet hid rusty pipes. There was a pink plastic hamper and pink garbage can. I told her that it was late, my kids were sick and tired so I have little choice. That night I sent her an email and explained my situation. I said that I prepaid through Agoda for $85 USD room per night not including taxes and service charge. The hotel we were staying at listed room rates at approx. $50 USD. Agoda even had their rates lower. I stated that I was very disappointed in the service and would let our booking agent know.

To her credit, she met with me the next morning to apologize and I felt it was sincere. She offered to refund me the two nights and I would pay the listed rate at the current hotel. She said she would tell the booking agent it was a no show. I told her it wasn't a no show but an overbooking. I also told her that I booked with them based on reviews of great customer service and that it was a new hotel. I told her that she should take a look at the room we were staying in. She admitted that the hotel was not the same caliber. I also told her that when traveling with kids it's very inconvenient when something like this happens. Anyways, after she left, I spoke to the front desk to ask how much the room was (I only knew what was listed on their internet site). She told me it was already negotiated with Glance Beauty and that I should talk to Glance Beauty. Well, Ms. Thai contacted me later to let me know that money had already gone into their account yesterday. She could give me the difference in hotel rates and offered me a free transport to the airport. I let her know where I was referencing the room rates and asked if she could let me know how she calculated the refund...essentially telling her to also include taxes etc for two nights. Upon checkout, she sincerely apologized and handed me an envelope. My approximation was that I should receive about $80 for two nights difference plus taxes. Well, I got $30 and free transport ($25 value). What I think they did was treated us as a no show even knowing we would arrive. We already prepaid for our rooms so they got us a room at another hotel and negotiated an even lower rack rate. Lesson learned for me...stick to well known hotels and not go with the boutique experience. That's my experience. Judge for yourself. I kept all email correspondence. My rating for service is based on overall experience, I took a star away for the bedding situation for the first night but cleanliness is pretty good there so I think maybe it was a housekeeping oversight. I really don't know what to think. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and that of course over bookings happen. I want to think this not how they do business. I just read that another couple had similar concerns with their overbooking at Hanoi Glance. Makes you wonder. Anyways, Good luck and safe travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jcm111z
Jakarta
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Large room, clean and quick internet, very helpful staff with clear english prounanciation, they ask us if need a reccomendation for eat and givevus map which is really helpful (the old town are confusing somehow even with the map) when they know us checking out early in the morning they even packed us breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and very spacious.The bathroom fittings and in general everything about the place were as good as new and we could not ask for more. Wonderful location, right in the heart of old quarter, hanoi. Excellent value for money. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and instructive.
The only negative i can think of is that the window of our room was very small so little natural light in the room. On the other hand, excellent sleep quality was excellent and we ended up oversleeping :)
Really nothing at all to worry about..

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I would review this hotel from my point of view and needs. The staff are very friendly and can not do enough for you. The rooms are large and extremely clean. The room we had was at the from with a balcony opening up onto a wonderful view of Hanoi and the noise and life of the city, which I love. The restaurant and breakfast was second to none. I would recommend this hotel as accommodation in the Old Quarter and can not wait to make make next trip to Vietnam to stay there again

Room Tip: If you want quite ask for a room at the back but if you want to be in the life of Hanoi as for a roo...