“Great day”

Kim Tours - Private Day Trips
Ranked #501 of 807 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kim tours established in 1993 at 137 Hang Bac street - Hoan Kien - Hanoi which is one of the most famous Budget travel companies organizing tour packages and daily excursions for oreign travelers to discover all corners of Vietnam,Laos,Cambodia .Growing up together with innovating policy of our government ,day by day Kimtours expands their services to demand all tourist's needs and travel agencies's expectations ,from there to now Kimtours has had high recommended by Travellers and Famous Guide books as one of the most experience ,valuable and competitive tour operator in Vietnam . Here is some of famous Vietnam Guide Books that have recommended Kim tours . Le guide du Routard Vietnam published in 1995,1997,1999,2001,2003,2005,2007 and 2009 by Hachette in France Troptter Clup Guide book Vietnam 2009 published in Netherland Key Travel To Vietnam Guide Book in UK
Niva, Denmark
“Great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was a very good experience. One of the Things I look for in a vacation, is to see the country from its true side. I believe this day trip did that for me. The food was so good, and the streets full of life. Our tour guide, Miss Khai, was friendly and very helpfull to us. And best of all is the Price, compared to what you get, you will not find it cheaper!

Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Halong bay one day tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

One of the worst tour I have been on in Vietnam . Booked through Kim tours for a one day trip to halong bay. The whole tour was just disorganised from the start they were almost an hour late for the pick up and I was getting pick up from the office. We seemed to have the oldest most cramped mini bus around. Lunch was ok on the boat not quite enough food for the amount of people on the boat . Because it was a mix of people one one,two and three day tours when it was time for the one day people to go back to shore there seemed to be no boat for us as we had to change boats to get a ride back. After a long wait another boat was finally found for us. Since the tour was runnin so late we did get to see the sunset which was a bonus!
Def try and avoid this tour company for halong bay cruses or just be prepared for total for the most hap hazard tour ever !

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Duncan B
Peterborough, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Day Tour with Kim Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I knew we wanted to take a day trip to Vietnam and were doing a lot of searching through different providers to arrange a tour. I knew we were going to book with Kim Tours after I e-mailed a question that was responded to within just a few minutes. I had many other providers not respond at all to my inquiries. Kim Tours was incredibly responsive and helpful and willing to make the trip what you want it to be. It was a perfect tour of Vietnam

Our driver/tour guide for the day was very knowledgeable about Vietnam and very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our day.

If you are looking for a tour provider, you definitely need to book with Kim Tours!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ashleys M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Food +water puppet tour and Perfume Pagoda tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I went to Hanoi and booked a food tour on Dec 28 and Perfume Pagoda Day tour on Dec 31.
I booked it via Hanoiexperience.com

Food +water puppet Tour
a) If you refer to the details on hanoiexperience.com, It states that we will get to try the outdoor barbeque stalls. That didnt happen for my group.
b) there was no time for the "hidden cafe"
c) due to time constraint, we were not shown the hidden cafe and have to go straight to the Thang Long water puppet.
d) For the Thang Long water puppet, its hard to gauge if this is a normal practice but the ticket that I received stated extra seats and they basically open up a chair for me to sit along the walkway.

Perfume Pagoda Tour
a) Pickup time of 8-830am to allow for the company to pick up different guests staying in different hotel which leads to a slightly late departure time from Hanoi
b) The row boat trip - one hour from Harbour was fine until 2 things scarred the whole experience. Firstly, there was no mention that if they provide the vietnamese hat during the trip, there is a charge(rental) or if you would like to buy it(at a marked up price). For those people who took the hat, halfway through the trip, the guide informed everyone that there is a cost for renting it. Secondly, on the way back(another one hour), and landing on harbour, rowboat woman was chasing people and telling everyone that tips is insufficient. Constantly asking for more. The guide should intervene or ensure that this do not happen to the guests.

c) After rowboat trip, the trek to reach the cable car reveals new surprises. For a group of three, I was charged USD30 each(without cable car ticket). I asked if cable car is available when I reached 74 Hang Bac street and enquired if it is covered or not. The person there claimed that it is "broken down" and not sure if its up. When I was there at the cable car, the guide collected the cable car fee from us. Checks with other guests of smaller group/single person indicates that they only paid e.g USD23 or USD25 per person.

Overall, my trip with Kim Tours and Halongbaytours would have at least 10-25% of dissatisfaction due to poor service, poor business practices and left me feeling a bit ripped off.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank damon380
Hoi An, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disgrace. Miss sold halong bay tour.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Not put on boat paid for. Tried to be put in wrong hotel. Served chips and boiled rice for dinner. Disgrace. This makes we hate part of Vietnam and tell everyone to avoid halong bay.

Liars. Rude. Cheating tour operator