“Good spot for a cup of coffee”
Review of Thuy Ta Kem

Thuy Ta Kem
Ranked #74 of 83 Dessert in Hanoi
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good spot for a cup of coffee”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Nice view. Service is so so. One of tge waitresses was trimming her fingernails infront of the customers. Location is very good. One of the beat options to have a stop for a cup of coffée

• Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
“Hot ? Come here”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I love eating ice cream esp at this place since at the same time, we can enjoy the view to the Hoan Kiem lake in hanoi old quarter. It is very special for the summer time

Visited June 2014
Perth, Western Australia
“Hated it - staff are AWFUL”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The first thing to note is that the address noted for this place is INCORRECT - look on TA at the reviews for 'Dinh Lang Thuy Ta' and you will see that they are one and the same. The location is indeed on the lake and the decor in the cafe as well as the view are lovely - the only reason I gave it two stars and not minus one hundred. From looking at both sets of reviews, I can only assume that the place has been bought out and re-badged as a cafe and icecream parlor.

In any case, I usually only post on TA when I really like a place - I am only compelled to post negative reviews when something is spectacularly atrocious. At this place, it is not the food that is the issue (we had iced coffees and a small pastry, which were so-so). It was the breathtaking indifference of the staff. They were actually outwardly annoyed and inconvenienced by our presence. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw a look of such contempt from one dour-faced woman that she actually wished I was dead. I think I interrupted a conversation about boys, or how much she hated tourists.

I suspect the inevitable torrent of negative reviews soon to appear on TA will shut this place down in less than the time it took us to walk out the door. Given their extreme dislike for the human race, it will be doing everyone (including them) a favour.

1 Thank astrogirl333
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience for me!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stopped in here for some coffee and ice cream on a very hot day walking around the lake. It's a little expensive, but the location and view of the lake were wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
Manila, Philippines
“Good spot by Hoan Kiem Lake”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Great spot by Hoan Kiem Lake. Coffee was great but I suppose other coffee shops would have it too so this is really more for the ambiance.

Visited April 2014